ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

:: URGENT ::Broken spacer in rear disc

CLIO PH1 172
Guys I neep help urgently

Ages ago I changed my rear discs and when fitting them I fractured one of the abs rings. I have just taken the disc back off and fitted a new ring (perfect)
When I put the rear disc back on and tightend the hub nut(a new one) I heard I cracking so u stopes and took it back off, to find a aspacer/ring type thing it bits laying at the bottom of the casting !!!!!!!!!

Does anybody know if I need this in ? I'm guessing I do but can I drive with out it for a couple of days ??

I will try get pics to explain what bit is broke

CLIO PH1 172
21f3075c.jpg

0a189878.jpg

38abbc53.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
Were can I get 1 from would Renault do it on it's own? + I need to get home I'm stuck at my dads unit lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
You do need this!

They are about £8 each from Renault but I had to wait 3 days for mine at the time :dead:

Without it the bearing won't seal properly and the disc will wobble on the stub axle!
Happened to both my rear discs when we replaced mine, I had none to start off with and I was an hours drive from home! lol

CLIO PH1 172
Typical and I have MOT end of week :( cheers guys looks like I'm gunna have to get this first just got to how I don't have to wait for it !

CLIO PH1 172
Ohh btw you don't know the part number do you or what it's actually called ? It looks like a tapered spacer :S

Meg RS,172 and a dci
next day from renault mate if they order it on urgent,i got mine for about 7quid i think,they do sell them seperate and just tell them its the spacer that sits at the back of the disc and on the stub axle.

CLIO PH1 172
Right back to it.

I got the part earlier but can't remember which way it goes in ?? Anybody know

4e3dae99.jpg

4fe27a0d.jpg

Thanks