ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent coilover fitting help.

2 girls, 172 cup
I'm in the middle of fitting the rear adjusters to the back of the cup but I'm unsure of which way up the threaded cylinder goes. They are fk konigsports.

I thought the end which has the shallower hole would be on the bottom attached to the rear beam, but the old rubber won't fit in, but it fits I. Perfect on the other end.

550c37d1.jpg

Swallow end

51e57c45.jpg

Deep end

Thanks

You dont use the rubber over the spring locator, well atleast i didnt on my KW's and all has been well. Im 99.9% sure it will be shallow side to the rear beam, but we are a spray shop lol, but i dabble.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Same on the KTR adjusters I only have the rubber spring "seats" at the top of the spring on both sides

No sure which way up your adjuster should be - I'd imagine it would be the shallow end at the bottom so the bolt goes through it lol :)

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
the shallow end sits on the lip on the rear beam as it locates onto the spigot when pulled down. so the shallow end sits on the rear beam

2 girls, 172 cup
Thanks guys, got it sorted. When I put the shallow end to the beam it wouldn't sit square on the beam.

So in the end I got sick and bolted it up and it squashed itself onto the beam.

Lesson for today, if it doesn't go......make it!

Thanks again guys.