ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Used 172 Sport Queries

A friend is looking at buying a 2002 172 Sport and wondered if anyone could help with a few hints and tips of anything in particualr to look at??

In particular......when first out on a test drive.....there was a loud knocking from under the car when first accelerating hard on a smoothish road surface. Is this just lower wishbone bushes.......or anything more sinister??

Any further points of advice would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Adi

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

If I heard that on a test drive id leave it well alone, regardless of whether it was major or not.

Plenty of mint examples out there to go for so shop around.

renaultsport clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by leeds_182 on 19 February 2005

If I heard that on a test drive id leave it well alone, regardless of whether it was major or not.

Plenty of mint examples out there to go for so shop around.
agree,plenty ph2s 172s out there so have a good look round as there is lots of sheds too.;)

this is a well known issue with all of the 172s, its just the engine mounts!!

Thats the sort of detail I was hoping for. Is it a "fault" as such......or just a weakness??

I have a 106GTI and the same problem exists........though it doesnt show itself in the same way.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Yeah, basically, usualy place is the mounting under the battery. take the battery out and check if the mount is loose. If it is I think you just lever it into place, taking time to line it up 100% then bolt it back.