ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

using a 172 as a getaway car

172 cup'd extreme
If you had a talented driver do you think you would get away from ground police following an armed robbery?

discuss

Watching Police camera action leads me believe that you'd probably be caught because eventually they'd stick a chopper up and then its game over.

I think it would depend what type of roads you were going to use on your route, what the police sent to catch you and how good the driver was.

But yes there is a chance imo that it could be a successful getaway car.

Renaultsport 220T
You need one of these...

mark2.jpg

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
The Police will usually always abandon a chase, if it starts to endanger the public. For example they did not chase the car that went the wrong way up the motorway a few weeks ago. Ok so that ended in carnage, but on another night they may have made it.

clio 182,ff + 1.5 dci
A evo would be good as long as you made sure you had been to the petrol station first.
I think you would have to include a airport in your getaway route if the police chopper comes out as it is a handy no fly zone.

B

Brown.

no chance dont be daft!!! coppers are trained for public road driving, you guys seen fifth gear, there pants on a track!....am sure some one with 'skills' are more likely to be track skills.... not a chance in hell...obviously

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
no chance dont be daft!!! coppers are trained for public road driving, you guys seen fifth gear, there pants on a track!....am sure some one with 'skills' are more likely to be track skills.... not a chance in hell...obviously

Yes maybe, but Police will not take stupid risks, someone on the run will.

clio 182,ff + 1.5 dci
Saftey comes first with the boys in blue, so if you want to dice with death abit that could give you a advantage. maybe.

Shed.
^ lol dan..

ive heard of ctrs being used and out gunning the police.. so why not.

but these bmws are so tuned,,, so who knows.

our subaru is faster than the bmw. goes like s**t off a stick, as far as the astras and all those poverty cars are concerned itl piss all over them, but thevolvos and the bmw and the scoob will have it by the balls.

I think if you stayed off the motorway and knew what you were doing - maybe it would work. Trouble is you'd need at least 3 guys to pull off the raid, so with them, their shooters and all the money the poor old Clio is going to be weighed down a bit. My car feels significantly slower 3 up than with just me in it.

So a 172 is probably not the ideal getaway car. Not big enough or enough poke to haul the extra weight.

Unless you have a 172 each a la the Italian Job.....

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Always thought auto lights would be a pain in the arse as a getaway car, no chance of hiding down a dark alley!

Mountune Tractor
The clio hasn't got enough power to be a good getaway car.
If you think about it, there is going to be at least 2/3 people in the car and if it's gone well then you will be having some extra weight in there from the haul.
On the straights it would be useless.

IMO the 172 would stand out a bit much better with a hybrid maybe a 5 door bog standard looking Clio with 172 transplant

Better still though you'd want some sort of quick Suburu preferably with a quiet exhaust.

Best thing always wuld be get the weight of the getaway car down as light as possible and idealy make it as bland as possible (maybe Fabia vrs with none sport kit on it or VRS octavia etc with none sport kit) Also some big audi 4x4 maybe depend where your getting away from.

Personaly though plane/helicopter then motorbike would be the ideal answer,

A4 oil burner !!!
my dad had his brand spanking new mk1 renault 5 GT Turbo for 2 weeks back in the 80's when it was nicked and used as a get away car from an armed robbery !
He did live in Cheetham Hill, Manchester at the time !!!!!!
Thing is he got it back via insurers etc then had it nicked again !!!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Against traffic cops you wouldn't have a chance in anything but a built up area with a Clio.

If there's traffic, the police cut through it with their lights and you have to pick your moments. If it's a motorway then you're outgunned with pretty much anything to start with a 140mph top top speed.

So no, it'd make a s**t getaway car.

I think so, I remember about a story I heard on the radio a few years back, where a robbery was pulled off an the getaway cars were described as "high powered williams clios" :) I have tried finding a link to the story but cant seem to find it.