ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V- MAX coilovers

Lionel Richie
i fitted some to a 172 yesterday and i'm actually shocked at how good they are Vs price!

not crashy, not too firm, just right! and they went sideways well too :D

thumbs up from me!

£300 odd including camber bolts, bargain!

ITB'd MK1
bargain at the price, very surprised at the ride they gave myself. I was expecting to need filling re-doing but they're quite nice

Charged Superleggera
havent fitted mines yet but people who have fitted them seem to give good views about them.

PH2 172
I wish i brought some of these now just had to pay out £95 for some new rear dampers going to have to replace fronts now not happy

172 rep
Had mine fitted last week, makes car look great , and not too crashy either.

Would recommend them to anybody.

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Had mine in a week and have no complaints, ride is not crashy and they seem to be a good kit

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
my bro has them on his astra coupe but their only £200ish for his car

"Navy" N17 TWO
Be good to know how they compare on the 172 if someone has moved up from having Sportlines on :)

Lionel Richie
oh by miles better than GAZ

i would say these are on par with FK (maybe even slightly better)

H&R aren't too soft danny, you're the soft one ;)

340i
I fitted a set of these last Thursday...

Really impressed with the quality of the front units, as Fred said identical camber adjustment as KW's!

and they "gooooooooooo looooooooooooooooow" Nice firm ride, not too soft or crashy :)

Cannot go wrong for the money tbh

Last thing i want to do is spend money on these and have something just as bad as the GAZ, but if theyre really that good then at that price il get some.

Who sells them at £300??

ZX6R B1H
why do people hate the gaz setup so much? I'm in the middle of sorting out a deal to get a full coilovers front and rear for £400. Not 100% sure on the spring rates as yet mind.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
why do people hate the gaz setup so much? I'm in the middle of sorting out a deal to get a full coilovers front and rear for £400. Not 100% sure on the spring rates as yet mind.
90% of the people that have tried them, that I've read on here, are negative about them, usually about the damping.

astra coupe on coilovers
i have them on my astra coupe but i paid 160 off ebay :) i was shocked they are actually better than the fk highsport i had

TTRS & V50
Not yet, went out but forgot sd card, lol.

Fairly good, im comparing it to apex cause i forgot what standard was like, and its a lot better, nice and firm, definally not crashy compared to apex, and im lower on these than apex drop.

Couple of pics of mine on V-Maxx for those who havent seen them

DSCF2427copy.jpg

DSCF2404.jpg

DSCF2419.jpg

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
Gray put them on mine last week and so far so good. Ive taken the car on a couple of thrashes in the peak district and theyre great on those winding roads. Not too harsh and mine are set bloody low. Bit of a sod on speed humps now though!

NOTHING
i have eibach sportline on my 172 cup, checked all the dampers and all seem to be fine, would these coilovers be better than my set up now? and also would these make the ride harder/ crashy?