ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Fuel Consumption

OK, i dont know if my fuel consumtion is normal so maybe someone can help. Basically i had my 93 Valvers engine reconditioned days after i bought it and have a de-cat stainless zorst, PBV, K&N, Cams, Ecotek, Chip and Pulleys installed and working well. The only problem is is that it seems to eat fuel - im getting about 180-200 miles per tank which i think is a bit extreme. Does this sound about normal?

Incidentally, i live in town and do an occasional country run at weekends - booting it at all times....

sounds about right, i get about 220 from full, until the light comes on !

i get about 27 miles per gallon

mines standard and i do boot it quite a bit, my mate who also has one has said that his likes to drink it a bit aswell.

Willy2

i normally get about 70-80 miles for a tenner, but the most i got from the car on a full tank was abiut 235 miles but this was all motoryway. just reset the counter and put a tenner in, mind you if i hammered it constantly i would get about 60 miles to the tenner - all town driving.

Well running Optimax in my Williams I got 31.7 mpg - 80% town driving 10% motorway and 10% AP22 ragging it!:eek:

The ex is managing to squeeze about 330-350 miles out of a tank!

But she does quite a long commute so gets a good chance to warm up and run well.

i could get about 340-350 miles on teh std chip.......at a constant 100mph.........quite good.

Cheers folks! My car also has an overheating prob (new rad,stat going in this w/e) so think that with the K&N wont be helping.....

I get around 25.5mpg all town driving. Only ever got over 30 when i took it to stoke and back, (from mansfield).

Ive just put some Forte gas treatment through it (on present tank) so ill see what that does. Fingers crossed.

Probably wont do sod all knowing my look though.

Ohh BUGGAR!

get rid of the mailto:k@n">k@n. put in a performance panel filter and standard box. if your not bothered about induction roar you will get better performance and better mpg cos all that noise has to be produced from yer fuel :D

2004 Racing Blue 182

well, i reckon i might be a bit wrong here, but i filled the tank up on my 93 valver on saturday, ive done 320 miles since then and still have over 1/4 left!!!!! now it sounds even better than i already thought! its runnin on 15" willy replicas, has magnex BB and K&N and thats it!

I get about 300 miles on average - thats with ported head and manifolds, cams, bretahing mods and custom fuelling courtesy of an uprated ECU. If Im doing a big journey and stick to 55mph, I get nearer 400 miles per tank.