ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

epicly bad fuel consumption

Before setting off to work today I looked at the fuel to station gauge which read 170 miles.. upon arriving home tonight the fuel gauge read 93 miles..

Wtf both ways is only 46 miles, where has the 31 miles gone?

I wasn't flooring it either, going the speed limit, 3rd gear to 5th.. 60mph maximum.

Granted on the way back it was stop start, stop start traffic for about half a mile or so.. but 31 miles?

The mods I have is a straight through decat pipe and a recently I installed K-Tec Supersport recessed exhaust to replace the K-Tec Stealth, could this make a huge difference?

I also looked at the average mpg and that was 35 but I heard all mpg gauges are BS and not to take notice of them.

Any ideas?

Looks a gauges in disbelief > Is told not to take notice of gauges > Ignores advice and still asks questions anyway.

Something sounds mighty familiar here. :coffee:

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Don't rely on any gauges. Mine are also s**t. When I get to a quarter tank on the gauge it seems to go twice as quick as the previous quarter. It obviously doesn't and it's just s**t gauges.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Best way to check on fuel economy imo is run it until it's virtually empty, fill it up and reset the mileage. See how many miles you get to a tank.