ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver passenger side wheel movement

help!

ive had this knocking noise coming from my passenger front wheel area for a fair while and the otherday i jacked it up to inspect it and noticed that if i hold the wheel at 9 and 3 oclock and push and pull it,it has about 3-4mm of movement and it feels knotchy?it doesnt do this if i hold it at 12 and 6 oclock(which would indicate fudged wheel bearing) im sure this is where my knocking is coming from as the other side is fine!has anyone had or heard of this before?

thanks

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

check your bottem balljoints but its most likely play in the track arm or track rod end.

someone mentioned it could be the track rod ends i doubt its the balljoints as i had them and the wishbones replaced less than 6 months ago

any other ideas?

do you mean the ends or the actually rack arms themselves?

i did reach in and gave it a tug back and forth,didnt seem to have play in it is there any way i can check to see if this is wots wrong?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the part that joins the rack.push your finger into the gaitor near where the track arm pivots and you will feel the axial joint(ball and socket style joint).rock the wheel sideways and you can feel the play with your finger if there is any.