ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver tech help please

172 sport,

can anyone out there give me the measurement from the g/box bellhousing/block to the o/s inner wing ie how long an engine can be to go on original box and not foul the inner wing

also if anyone has a old valver/willy g/box hanging about could i have the bolt measurements ie the distance between the top two then the distance between the next etc see dodgy diagram below

0<-->0

0<----------->0

0<------->0

i know its bad and there is probably more bolts but its to give ya an idea of what i need

also if anyone has a flywheel of the same knocking about i need to know how many bolts hold it to the crank and what the diameter of the flywheel from the teeth one side to the teeth the other is

and finally the measurement from bulk head to front panel

as you can guess i wanna put a different engine in one and if these match or come close to what i have for the new unit ill buy a valver and go for it

many thanks in advance as this would be very much appreciated

chris

172 sport,

it dont have to fit the box exact just be near enough the same size as i can put a plate in between which bolts to the block and then to the box the flywheel of a valver will fit so thats a start and the starter is in the same place just need rough measurements of engine bay and gearbox width now as it is a renault engine i wanna fit just not the usual r5t etc

jesus bud, thats somethig you would need to do yourself. I dont think anybody has those sorts of figures lying about.

Cant you measure the size of your engine yourself?

172 sport,

no can do ben as i drive a 205 atm was gonna sell it and buy a valver to sort out might just do the pug instead now

oh yeah if anyone fancies it i was gonna put a renault 21 turbo lump in but aint gonna buy one just to see if it will fit best of luck

[Edited by yogi on 04 May 2004 at 4:43pm]

Right.......

Just stick a mi16 in the 205, or fit one of my heads!

The std head has 41.6mm inlets......most big valve heads have 43mm inlets........ive got a whopping 45 mm in this one!

On a std head 43s are worth about 17-18bhp.......this head...even more. Especially with a slightly wilder cam, matched and doweled manifold and upped CR.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1083686801__P1010114.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1083686854__P1010111.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1083686888__P1010117.jpg

172 sport,

lmao not wrong its well juicy as standard well nearly standard :devilish:looking into an mi16 turbo conversion or something similar fancied the clio idea though as my m8s 21 turbo left my 172 for dead and he was 4 up running 15lb of boost i mean the only time something left me like that was an evo imagine that power in a clio plus i still prefer this club to my other one (pug)

FRST and 106 GTi

Mi16 ROCKS! turboing it is a lamme way of getting power. Get it on TBs and sort it to go over 220bhp (which is not difficult in this engine).

Mi16 on a pug205 is a MUST. Sorry 172 owners but youre not going to get anywhere near this one.

I have a valver engine in my garage which you are welcome to come and look at and take dimensions from if you want?

Im in hereford if its any use. Let me know, as Im gonna start stripping it soon.

Regards,

Chris.