ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Wont Start (Williams Engine)

Hi,
My valver wont start now for some reason, i was driving along but when idling the revs would drop to around 400 then shoot up to 1500 but then die again slowly. I checked all the HT leads and noticed a small amount of oil in the plug chambers, this was after it just died. I checked all fuses and everything and wont start it just turns over and doesnt seem to kick in.
Any help would be greatly apreciated as i have no car now. if i can not fix it i will be breaking it so if the engine is ok and just something inside broken then i will still probably break it depending whats wrong.
Thanks

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6
First of all need to make sure your pluggs are sparking (take the plugs out ground them on the engine block and turn the lump over) also that your getting fuel i.e wet plugs.

Skoda Fabia vRS
the crank sensor is on top of the gearbox

you need take the airbox off to see it

288.jpg

Skoda Fabia vRS
a sign if the timing sensor is buggered, is when you turn the key in the ignition, not starting it, but turn it to just before you start it, the needle on the speedo should jump up a little bit, only like 2mm, if it does that it might be ok, if it doesnt it might be worth changing it

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
you would hear that, the engine would turn over really easily making the starter motor sound higher pitched

Skoda Fabia vRS
mine used to be a crap starter, changed loads of things on it and put a few bottles of forte through it and its ok now