ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valvers - Fuckin awesome!!!!! :D

K20 EG Hatch
I would have never thought in a million years a valver would be more fun to drive than a 182 (or even a h&r coilover'd 182) but in my oppinion, the are!

Im fuckin lovin the new valver, most fun car I have owned/drove by a fair bit :D

Just thought i'd share that :p

williams and trophy
and you wonder why the mk1 owners defend them so much ?? ;)

if you like the valver.......youd absolutely love the williams.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
thats a extremely nice valver you have been in dan.....minty fresh.

Will it be at FCS ?

Re: Valvers - f**kin awesome!!!!! :D

Lisa has a valver. She took me out in it and that was really good fun - we took off going over a hump back bridge. :race:

why take a step backwards??

Lol :rolleyes:

I liked my valver and then i liked it more when i 2.0 it but i prefer my 182 overall.

Dont get me wrong they make a great sound but unless stripped, cammed and mapped there no 182 beater!!! :D

Mk2's are slower on the whole, a decent stock Williams would be quicker 9 times out of 10. Ask any tuner with a clue and they will all tell you the F7R is a much better engine than the F4R.

Mk2 owner denial, gotta love it

mk1 phase 2 hybrid :-)

they go side ways in the dry if you go fast enough and let off the throttle whilst conering = oversteer!!

mint valver to mate very nice

LY 200

Lol :rolleyes:

I liked my valver and then i liked it more when i 2.0 it but i prefer my 182 overall.

Dont get me wrong they make a great sound but unless stripped, cammed and mapped there no 182 beater!!! :D

Mk2's are slower on the whole, a decent stock Williams would be quicker 9 times out of 10. Ask any tuner with a clue and they will all tell you the F7R is a much better engine than the F4R.

Mk2 owner denial, gotta love it

Lol....As said before mate theres no denial from my neck of the woods.

If i wanted to i could sell mine tomorrow, buy a mint Williams and have cash spare (which iv thought about) but in my very honest opinion id be taking a step back.

I had some good times in my hybrid but iv had better times in the new. :D

horses for corses really, I can only compare the handling and interior etc on mine to the Williams, performance would be unfair to do so. Willy was more fun, more planted, handled better and faster with more feedback and the seats were far comfier, especially on a long journey.

Performance wise the Willy would blow the missus' 172 away in a flash mod for mod. The Mk1's are just a special car, the Mk2 doesn't have that same sense of occasion

williams and trophy
as above really.

back in the day, mod for mod, mine was running around a couple tenths quicker than the 1*2's on the strip zorst n filter mods only. rhys' old 172 ph1 being the quickest of the newer ones, with paddys ph2 close behind.

both chasin mine n craggys zorsted/filtered williams' times ;)

throw a few corners in.the couple tenths of a second would add up to a couple minutes lol

and as jesus says..the seats in the valver/williams are a hell of a lot comfier than they are in the 1*2s

not even mentioning the greater driver feedback back to roots driving.no abs, esp, tc, ac, etc etc etc. how a car should be imo.

535d / t5 caravelle
can only agree with all the mk1 comments.......awesome cars on both road and track!

Fiat Panda 100hp
This makes me want a valver even more :( lol I should go with a sensible diesel but will probaly end up getting a valver, dont think I will regret it though fron some of the comments on here.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Nice one dan. I'll give you a shot of the vee...It pips the willy...but not by much! Love driving them both!

190 BHP Willy 2

As 2 live said if you like your valver you'd absolutely love a williams.

VaVa
It's the weight (or rather lack of it), that makes the difference, not the engine. The F7R is by no means a special engine.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

not even mentioning the greater driver feedback back to roots driving.no abs, esp, tc, ac, etc etc etc. how a car should be imo.

Cup ;)

Its now 2007 not 1993 ;)

Tungy
Glad you said that Dan! Might keep mine longer now. Just need a better suspension setup and a few other bits and bobs.

K20 EG Hatch
Lol what have i done starting this thread.

It does deffinately feel faster but I think that could be down to the better driving position and it feeling older. But saying that its fuckin quick to a ton!

I just think overall its a much much more fun and more of a drivers car than the 172/182.

And the comments about the seats, deffo much better for a long journey and comfier than mk2 seats hehe ;)

Cup ;)

Its now 2007 not 1993 ;)

No stupid have a think before we work throttle body or computers which have a chat ever now and again or UCH.

Pus cheaper to replare idling problem can mean new T/B on 172 on a Mk1 just clean the thing and your away.

PS your car looks nice.

Saxo VTS
Valvers are awesome cars and that one looks stunning. Grrr you could almost tempt me back to getting another one. Such a cool looking car.

Shame they're a complete t**t to work on and have a tendency to eat your wallet.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i wanted to buy a valver and wide track it for a wee project but cant afford now that ive got the 172, might when i get the 1.2 away, but was thinking about a dci to get to work and back. hmmm got me thinking now lol