ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vanilla Clio's On This Forum

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Alright lads and lasses,

Who here owns a COMPLETELY standard Clio? By Standard I mean no aftermarket parts, whether cosmetic or performance, interior or exterior.

Basically a Clio completely as Renault intended?

I own a Flame Red Clio 172 mk2 ph2 and it's completely standard, even with the standard headunit which I think is quite rare.

I propose an owners club for "Vanilla Clio's"

Official Vanilla Clio Owners Club Number...

1. Lead_Head

172 Cup
Ghey cos my backbox fell off so i bought a Ktec stelth apart from that nothing, ive got the original headunit too!

ditto head unit but Greenstuff pads to replace the originals when they wore out and silver repeaters..

53 Clio's & counting
i have a blueflame cat back as it was cheaper than what renault wanted for a centre section lol std head unit also

My dad does, flame red 172 with factory sat nav, he still has the original dealer stickers & mats etc too.

Me no.

Last edited:
  Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Thinking about it mine still has the Gordon Lamb sticker in the bottom right of the windscreen.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not me even I have a Dension Ipod lead !

a had to laugh when rich said this on another thread.
his is that clean he still has the stickers on the original tyres
but a would definately let you off with the ipod connection rich.

LY V6 with Recaros
I was going to say mine is standard at the moment (until sunday!) but I've put new mats in and my cliosport tax disc holder, so I guess it's not if we're being really fussy!

Mini Cooper S sport
Yep, my 182 is completely as it left the factory, haven't even changed the mats. Never did get around to putting silvervisions in!

M

mini-valver

Chris 172 cup was, I'm guessing him and his mrs have a 182 aswell..............

RS Clio 182
Totally standard 182 ...... until tomorrow when I have new Alpine H/U fitted! No plans for any other mods.

My R27 is completely, totally and 100% standard. Oh s**t no it isn't.. Alpine headunit. But thinking about it my other Clio is.
Now that is definitely standard, truly is a 100 percent original 1992 1.4 RT.

Last edited:
  Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Has anyone actually seen a benefit in replacing the stereo? You lose the in dash display, CD changer and stalk controls (on most stereo's) when you have an aftermarket CD player.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone actually seen a benefit in replacing the stereo? You lose the in dash display, CD changer and stalk controls (on most stereo's) when you have an aftermarket CD player.
I'm no longer stuck with cassettes :approve:

RS Clio 182

The standard stereo is rubbish so yes benefits just by changing it.
Don't need to be faffing about with CD changer - new H/U has i-Pod interface.
Dash display is no great loss either - everything wanted will be displayed on H/U