ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vapour blasting

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I’m looking to get a few brackets/covers and the inlets cleaned up. Initially I was thinking blasting and powder coating, but then saw the vapour blasted parts on project Binky.
Has anyone had any stuff vapour blasted?how well does it last before it discolours/corrodes (alloy)

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Had my upper inlet and fuel rail guard done in September last year, around 8k miles ago and it's on the daily so used over winter. I've not cleaned or touched the bay really since.

Chap who did it gave them coating of ACF50 before posting to me

Pics taken literally five minutes ago...

IMG-20200519-WA0088.jpg
IMG-20200519-WA0089.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Vapour blasting closes up the pores in the surface too, so they'll last longer before going white/corroded again.

Just give them a wipe over with WD-40 or ACF50 once in a while.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Thanks guys.I like the finish but I was just wondering if the finish would last.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
A chap on Facebook but unfortunately shut down now, however I've got another Facebook contact and possibly a local one too to investigate for more stuff I want doing

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
J S Vapour Blasting

on Facebook James has a 182 and does loads of Clio parts

based in Harlow Essex ;)

Yeah that's the chap I've spoken to, and then I have this possible northern contact who could help locally.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Has anyone used anyone in the Northwest?

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Loads of places do vapour blasting, just google "vapour blasting near me". I have three different possible places within 5 miles of me.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Loads of places do vapour blasting, just google "vapour blasting near me". I have three different possible places within 5 miles of me.

Yeah I have but like anything, there are good and bad companies

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Quality stuff your engines going to look brand new

The bay needs a good detail and I need to work out what I’ve missed with this lot but it’s certainly going to look a lot better. Probably quite a few bolts ect that will need cleaning up

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
dc851cc1c03961eea4f8b54699a713fc.jpg

Looking a lot smarter bar the orange inlet .....