ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vee owners - please learn how to park properly

172 cup
LOL I did agree until I was in Craigs and we went to the pub, packed beer garden (everyone watching) and he parked like a right plonker. Did explain that you cant really park in one and open the doors easily so I let him off

I would park the same way if i own'd a vee TBH.

Far too nice a car to have some mum and her kids slam ther doors into the side of it, plus they are a hell of a lot wider than a normal car, they need the room.

Barge
i think its acceptable. i don't have a vee and in places where its highly likely some c**t is going to park next to you and ping your door i'll park my car in two spaces if i god damn want. get that. the buggers.

172 cup
What's the issue with the doors? I'm guessing they're very thick?

Its not the doors as such I dont think - its more that the bottom sticks out compared to other "normal" cars and I suppose the point made above you wouldnt want someone pinging your car

Lionel Richie
because there's 6inch of fibreglass stuck onto the door when they're open you can't get out of the car in a normal space without hitting the car next to you

Renault Clio S
So park it normal and you risk getting a ding from the car parked next to you.

Take up two parking spaces and run the risk of getting it keyed for parking like a pig?

Tuff choice to make I guess.

Clio V6 255
The sill is huge, the door has to open much wider otherwise you have to be pretty flexible to get in and out!

TBF in that pic there doesnt seem to big a lot of cars round the 2 vee's so whats the problem?

Any excuse for a moan TBH

Okay the doors & sills do sound like an issue and I can understand the parking in that case. I can't agree with the logic of doing it because the car is so special though. TBH no one wants their pride & joy dinged, be it a Clio V6 or Clio 1.2.

S4 Avant
If the carpark was busy, and they'd taken two spaces up like that, fair enough...

but getting in and out of a vee with the doors wide open is challenging enough, let alone having to shoe horn it into a normal sized space.

If I could park my car across two spaces, I would, just because so many people out there have such a low disregard for peoples property.

LOL I did agree until I was in Craigs and we went to the pub, packed beer garden (everyone watching) and he parked like a right plonker. Did explain that you cant really park in one and open the doors easily so I let him off
Yep parking was on form that day, to be fair though I did straighten it up. Usually I just leave it any old how:)

As the car's not that wide to start off with, the V6 is probably no wider than bigger cars out there (the new Mondeo is wider) but I would try to avoid tight parking spaces too if I owned one. I imagine the problem is similar to the VX220; the doors are so thick that you need to open them a lot more than other cars to get out.

Clio
Sills are a nightmare when trying to get out. My garage is like a loony bin with all the foam over the walls!!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be scared of people keying my car because i was parking like a pr*ck tbh.

LY V6 with Recaros
You physically can't get out of them if you park in a normal size space, the door sills are too wide. You need enough room to be able to open the doors pretty much all the way.

And btw, that is my car in that link ;) Empty car park so I don't see the issue.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Okay the doors & sills do sound like an issue and I can understand the parking in that case. I can't agree with the logic of doing it because the car is so special though. TBH no one wants their pride & joy dinged, be it a Clio V6 or Clio 1.2.

Do you search V6 everyday just to get on peoples tits!!

4 spaces FTW! Certainly don't want any pischy cars denting mine! Esp Bean coloured 182's!

ST
Am i caring either way...no, far worse things going on in the world than people double parking, life goes on.

b/g 182, meg tourer
just park in another space. i would rather park in 2 spaces and be able to get in/out of the car and not park it close to some one who doesn't give a s**t about other peoples property.

i would only get pissed off with someone taking up 2 spaces if the car park was full, and there were no spaces left at all.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Should take up at least 4 spaces.
v6tescoMedium.jpg

171 style ;)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
its all part of owning a supercar... :eek:

iirc vee's are 58inch wide or 6 foot so fill a space pretty well!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I never have a problem as i'm willing to walk more than 10metres to the entrancw of the shop i'm going to.