ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vee update part 2

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Following on from http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=513856

As i said in the last thread as much as i love the sound of my Quicksilver its painfully boomy when under 3k (which just so happens to be about 70 in 6th) so i managed to get my hands on a perspex bulkhead to go behind the seats.

It really does make alot of difference, still hear the exhaust but without the pain of the boomyness! It also means i can bin the engine covers which attracts a few looks when people pull up next to me at the lights..

Picture057.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Also gave it a quick scrub with a wire brush and a spot of autosol whilst i was at it

Picture061.jpg

When i got my new exhaust i also span my rear vents around so you can see through them

before
Picture023-2.jpg

after
Picture017-1.jpg

I also just realised both pics are taken in exactly the same place 2 years apart.. how odd :approve:

Shows the exhaust off nicely, but also showed off the crappy knackered exhaust rubbers... so i got some nice yellow ones to match my calipers!

Picture058.jpg

Picked up a splitter from mossy which finishes off the front end nicely imo.. lets hope this one stays on! My last one did a runner along with a chunk of my bumper and my undertray after having a misshap with a huge puddle :dapprove:

Picture072.jpg

And thats about it for now, apart from i got bored and decided to clean/polish under my bonnet which is pretty pointless but at least i know its clean!

Picture033-1.jpg

Picture035-1.jpg

And a few random pics to finish if anyone is still reading this!

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Thanx for reading

Adam

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Its looking well Addz, you have thrown some money at her recently!

Not sure on the perspex cover and no engine cover though personally

RB One Eight Two
Love that front splitter, it really finishes the front end off nicely. All in all it is a stunning looking car

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Cheers guys :) I'll try and get a video sorted... sounds really different with the de-cats on too.

Yeah the back sticker will be coming off soon along with the ones on the windscreen, they only really went on for FCS, just can't be bothered to piddle them off yet!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
p**n.

I actually prefer this to Ali's now... but you still both trail behind the one at FCS with the Trophy wheels. :p

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Ah mossy has the trophy wheels, i'm not the biggest fan of them actually :eek:

ermm anywhere from 13k> i'd say for a good one

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Noticed the splitter at FCS. Make a massive difference!

Can't believe you've had it 2 years already

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Nope wasnt on the stand, i was on the cliosport bit, saw you but didnt get chance to say hello!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Ah wasnt me, i didnt get the bulkhead till a few days after. Had ear plugs instead :approve:

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Lovely car mate, where did you get the bulkhead from and the yellow exhaust rubbers (or did you just paint them?)

I am tempted to cut out the read bumper section so it shows off the backbox, like mossys was looked mint, but what you have done is a good idea! Are the grills a simple clip out turn round and clip back in?

cheers

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Got the bulkhead off v6clio.net, theres only about 10 or so made so you have to be really lucky and find someone selling one!

Rubbers i got off mossy actually, he had two spare ones.. i think demon tweaks sell them.

I'm toying with the same idea too but a new bumper is 2k so a bit reluctant to chop it up!

Yep the grills just swap sides over and turn them upside down, their slightly curved so you need to swap the sides over too.