ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vein's Black 330Ci Sport

Never above 25mpg
Legend, worked a treat. More of a hitting motion required but got there in the end. Mine are the cube trims and there a mess. Off to a guy off eBay tommorrow to be recovered.

Nice! I did have them, wanted carbon skinned but far too costly..

Yeh that'd look real nice but some serious £££ to get all trims done id imagine. This was the cheaper option for me rather than getting them all.painted up and losing the cube all together.

What's next on the list for yours?

Never above 25mpg
Yeh that'd look real nice but some serious £££ to get all trims done id imagine. This was the cheaper option for me rather than getting them all.painted up and losing the cube all together.

What's next on the list for yours?

Well the accident hindered my payments a little but i still have a nice list! i was looking at RS4s or M5s but just dont have the money!

My "want to do" list at the moment though is in priority order:

New tyres
New Wheels
Inspection II in 4000 miles
Xenon Headlights
M3 or E92 mirrors
Scorpion backbox
Black plastic interior/seat trims to match the two tone doorcards
Sort the rear toe in
Bonnet respray or carbon bonnet

Kind of a wishlist really but top three are priority!

You thinking about getting your wheels refurbed or replacing them all together? I love the mv1's think they really suit the car.

Sounds like a decent list mate, look forward to seeing the updates as they come. o/e xenons are well worth it if you can get them for a decent price, I was lucky mine came with them but they make such a difference. bought mine as a stand in for a year or two to free up some money, so plans are to keep it fairly standard and clean so I get half decent money when I come to sell. I don't see them dropping in price much further.

Never above 25mpg
So, not really much of an update! What with Xmas and the snow recently the car has been at the back of my mind.

Money well spent on wheels/tyres went on a tattoo instead, which is healing nicely at the moment.

Things I have bought or received recently for the car are:

• Braided brake lines for front/rear - currently with R1XPH but he's not here so cannot fit them yet!
  • Passenger side black plastic seat trim - needs a bit of work to ensure all buttons fit into it neatly.
  • Genuine BMW coupe boot liner - present for my birthday
  • M3 interior mirror - my dad has had the individual interior from this, I'll post some pics once we've installed it
  • M3 black parcel shelf with electric blind - again from the same car but will be a nice addition to have and I need to soundproof to stop the b*****d vibrating anyway
Still need wheels/tyres before the MOT is due and also because the MV1s have bored me really! They'll be up for sale once I have a new set!

Instafail image of the tattoo (Better than Jesus on a X I felt)
EF153DBB-ABE4-41AE-BB5E-F392AD8E571F-1138-0000008309016D73.jpg

Plastic seat trim, I need a bit of drilling to ensure the lumbar support switch fits in place
2CB6EDBC-6DBE-409F-8938-07D82D8420B4-1138-0000008322C2255B.jpg

Boot liner, with and without, bit neater !
B29427E5-8047-443F-98D8-A54ED6897E14-1138-000000832710A8C5.jpg

CDE39E51-C568-4479-A87B-00246F9F6C17-1138-000000832B17E18F.jpg

Never above 25mpg
Haha! M3 interior has better support, more upmarket leather and you sit lower down for a better driving position.

Tattoos are never to all tastes, I did hate them but thought "f**k it why not?"

Never above 25mpg
Despite the shocking tattoo today's job was fitting dad's new M3 interior, two tone laguna seca blue and black which looks amazing imo!

I had the 5 second glory of fitting an M3 interior mirror to my car! Parcel shelf will be alot of work and I can't be bothered after fitting all of the new interior for dad!

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

Never above 25mpg
LSB is truly stunning on paintwork.

The interior though! Gag!

Really doesn't work IMO. Black/cream/red for me.

Yes, completely agree, came out of a silver M3 and gone into a silver 330! Think dad is having a late mid life crisis but he's happy so that's all good.

Plus he washed my car for me fitting the interior, still don't think it's a completely fair swap!!

Ordered a new bolster support switch finally, just need to get the wiring for this sunblind on the parcel shelf then i can fit that in on a weekend.

Never above 25mpg
So nice update again!

First thing is the sunblind with the parcel shelf, all cleaned off now, as mentioned above waiting for the wiring to come in.

IMG_1413.jpg

New button I received yesterday! Nice to finally have some bolster support!

IMG_1411.jpg

In even better news though... Finally got some new alloys! Got rid of the MV1s :D

The rear toe in meant there was a bit of scrapage unforunately so I'll have to get that sorted some how, either arch work or planing the back of the wheel so it fits in properly.

Really modernises the car alot though and because of the lower offset on the style 189s they fill the arches nicely.

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

Found some bargain M3 electric powerfold mirrors too :D

Never above 25mpg
this thread has gone down hill :dapprove: not a fan of the wheels, the interior (not yours i know) and the batman tattoo well...:p

Haha, all personal tastes, the tattoo is much better than the terrible instagram photo shows!

Interior, dad is happy with so no worries!

Wheels may not stay if I can't sort the rear arch but to me they look so good! Ideal wheels would be a set of 18" CSL reps though!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I think the wheels work pretty well personally. Very nice. Why not some real man sized CSL wheels if you're looking at csl's though?

It's what I'm going for. :-D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
One last question, it looks like you're rocking positive camber on that rear wheel in the photo? Is all ok back there? Had an alignment done?

Oh and 19's with the lovely skinny tyres would be FINE!

Never above 25mpg
One last question, it looks like you're rocking positive camber on that rear wheel in the photo? Is all ok back there? Had an alignment done?

Oh and 19's with the lovely skinny tyres would be FINE!

Rear toe-in has been aligned and tracked, actually drives well aside from the scraping. Believe the rear quarter hasn't been fitted properly in the past, could do with the arch being pulled out to justify it or someone looking underneath and find out why it's like it is...

rear.jpg

Some musings if you have a mo....

How do these drive? Do they feel like they have enough power/weight to chuck them about? Do they go sideways? Do yo ever get bored/does it feel boring?

Never above 25mpg
Some musings if you have a mo....

How do these drive? Do they feel like they have enough power/weight to chuck them about? Do they go sideways? Do yo ever get bored/does it feel boring?

For a capable daily car that weighs a bit but with ample power I feel they drive perfectly. Now that I have the new wheels on it really points in the right direction.

They are easily chuckable, I can wheelspin quite easily in a frustrative mood without much effort and they take roundabouts and corners well.

I have never tried handbraking or drifting of any sort in any car so couldn't comment on the sideways abilities but I can't see why not.

Never ever felt bored driving it unless I've been stuck behind Doris in her Nissan Micra.

Sorry it's not that informative but it constantly has oodles of torque at your foot and is a pleasure to drive fast or slow!

Now that I have non buckled wheels, the 15mm springs and the M3 seats there's alot more confidence in the car;s handling although for pure power you'd really be looking at M3s unless it's a daily bus you're after?

Stealth 438'd 182
being as my clio is now a heap of twisted metal i'm really considering one of these

seems like they have a lot of potential.. love the sound of the lovely 6 cyl engine too!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A son with Batman tatoos and his dad with blue seats...

Is there a fcuking gas leak in your house or something?? You've all gone mental.

Never above 25mpg
A son with Batman tatoos and his dad with blue seats...

Is there a fcuking gas leak in your house or something?? You've all gone mental.

I love you Daniel. Only one Batman tattoo! Think it's the Wiltshire air.

Got some Bosch wiper blades uber cheap from eBay and my silver M3 mirrors, lovely but in need of a respray:

IMG_1438.jpg