ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

video clip from north meet

BMW 320d Sport

Good launch then hit the rev limiter from the sounds of it. Is it my imagination or is that a downhill run?

mk2 172

probably cos it was filmed from on a hill which was a lot higher than the road, and the runs coming the other way were just as quick so its not downhill.

Hi Nick, twas me, and yes, I did hit the limiter

tried to use a max of 6400 on the next run, wasnt enuf gogo in 2nd n 3rd. darn... needs the just before the limiter in 1 n 2...

Joe

320d M Sport

Better luck next time eh, Joe?
PS-just had to go back over snake pass once more after we split up!! Ended up at that pub for some food, excellent.

Paddy

320d M Sport

No probs, it was Nicola by the way-and she is gonna die when she sees those pics!! She too was dying with hayfever...
Did you manage a 6.7 to 60 in the end then?

Hi Nick.. re the slope, it wasnt the ideal, definitely, but pretty good, the take off was actually flat.. then a slight downhill after bout 200 yds, then an uphill, so was pretty balanced overall.

it was just me take off that was sh*te LOL

Joe

Good movie, what was the best actual time to 60 on that day ?

paddy, tell your gf to use BENADRYL hayfever stuff, I suffer really badly with it and they are great, I may not be able to give car advice but medical advice, well I can try.....

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

m@thew -

Just looked at the pics and stuff on your site and saw the RR printout.

Where you at Cooper and West at the Saxo vs 106 RR day early this year?!

Just that there was a blue 172 there and the RR print us exactly the same as the one I got from Cooper & West.

If so, mine was the dark blue 106 GTi with the white alloys & quads.

p.s. What happened to the 205? Looks like Elvington too.

I looked through the pictures I took and can only find this bit of your car

what power did you make on the rollers?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Thought it was you.

That video clip is a lesson to us all...

Do NOT let your Dad have a go!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

How come the
thing dont work on here?!

CTR EK9 turbo

on the first post in here, the flame red 172 - in the video, your rev counter seems to come in really early? or is it just me hearing things? did it come in at 6800 or 7200? it sounded like 6800 to me. Maybe youd have gotten better runs if youd let it warm up for ages before(?) as when mines fully warmed (before ecu upgrade) it revs to 7200...

I emailed them to rhys yesterday as I dont have enough web space for more than 1 clip he said he would put them up tonight

320d M Sport

You did Joe. ALso I think you smiling at the camera as you went passed made you drop down a few tenths!!!

Paddy

the 2nd clip shows the tracion control on Marks car(import with traction contol as standard) killing the cars power, 3rd and 4th are in car clips of 0-100 of craggys williams

Aargh - Mathew, Im getting all sorts of problems uploading those clips to my web space. If I mail you the log on details can you FTP them on to the site?

Rhys

Not on MSN, but Ive mailed you the details. I usually have a Pipex DSL connection, but its dead at the moment

Rhys

mk2 172

nice one guys, its the first time ive seen the second clip, in fact i didnt know you had filmed it mat!, 1st gear was a little bit more wheelspin cos of the gravel near the mouth of the other layby and i hit the limiter in 2nd doh!!!, but it was still flyin as i hit limiter in 2nd at about 58mph before the clock even says 7 secs with 2 pretty big guys in the car with me. well impressed again. think im slightly more in love with the car than i was before if thats even possible

craggy

Oh sh*t. All my files have been deleted. Ill contact the hosts and see what they have to say for themselves.

Rhys