ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vids - ITB'd 182 Trophy

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Here are a couple of vids I made recently of my ITB'd 182 Trophy.

Using a GoPro HD Hero (that a good friend kindly let me borrow) the aim was to try and capture some decent audio of the ITB's in action. Unfortunately it didn't work and I'm still getting too much wind noise even despite the rather loud sound the ITB's make. The only thing left to try is literally mounting the camera on the bonnet right next to the trumpets... (as suggested by chrispy.clio).

Here's the first video (also posted on my project thread). It's a steady run down the local roads near me with the camera inside the cabin. Sounds like listening to the engine through cotton wool... :D

And here's the second video (below). As the wind noise was excessive I decided to add an audio track over the top instead... and that didn't help. :eek: Anyways, here is the video...

I'll be going out and trying again soon!

Cheers.

(Please let me know if you know a good way of reducing wind noise... and I don't mean by laying of the baked beans and sprouts...) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Ollie's Silver Cup
Still sounds great. ;)

Been thinking of getting one myself recently; noticed they sell them in Jessops now too.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Videos are good, if you can then mount the camera on the front bumper looking forward, I got pretty much no wind noise because of the itb's drowning it out.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
i didn't realise you were from south wales.where abouts do you live? i was looking at the 2nd video and thinking it looked like the black mountains. love those roads. car sounds awsome too!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the comments and feedback. :D

GoPro HD? On the lookout myself for one at the moment.
Car sounds great :)
Yes mate - the video quality is great. I only shot at 720p but the camera will happily do 1080, too.

Still sounds great. ;)

Been thinking of getting one myself recently; noticed they sell them in Jessops now too.
Cheers mate. I didn't realise they sold them in Jessops but I'd recommend getting one if you can. I was only borrowing my mate's but I'm now going to go out and get one for myself.

Videos are good, if you can then mount the camera on the front bumper looking forward, I got pretty much no wind noise because of the itb's drowning it out.
I'll be giving this a try in the next day or two mate. As you say, the noise should drown out the wind noise nicely... :cool:

Noise is ok i guess ;)

Where is that 2nd road though, looks suitably epic!!
Yeah, s'alright I 'spose... :rasp: That road is indeed epic (when free of traffic). That be the fabled Black Mountain road. It's good to have such inviting roads on the doorstep.

Sounds good, and i like the videos.

Which exhaust system do you have btw?
The exhaust is a full stainless steel system from Charlie at ProSpeed (Cardiff). It's running a high-flow sports cat and gives a nice 'rumble' rather than a rasp or v-tec (y0!) scream. Cheers!

See if you can borrow a road mic, cancels all wind noise and are a godsend.
Ah ok - will take a look into that; thanks for the tip.

i didn't realise you were from south wales.where abouts do you live? i was looking at the 2nd video and thinking it looked like the black mountains. love those roads. car sounds awsome too!
Thanks gez and yes, I am indeed from South Wales (although not originally). I'm living in Rogerstone (Newport). Are you nearby? I expect so and would imagine you've driven the Black Mountains a fair few times...

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
i live about 20 minutes away from the black mountains, always up there lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Car sounds brilliant Andy! Jealous of those roads, too - think a road trip to Wales needs to be arranged :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
fingers crossed it helps mate
It certainly made things a lot better mate... see the new video below...

Car sounds brilliant Andy! Jealous of those roads, too - think a road trip to Wales needs to be arranged
Do it mate - free up a weekend and come on over. I've got loads of sleeping space if you want to make a full weekend of it! LOL! (I live alone in a four bedroomed house) Owning a Trophy you really need to put it on the roads it loves...

That sounds fooking epic , cool vids dude.
Cheers Jimbo. The new vid below sounds a little bit better. Thanks for the comments!

** NEW VIDEO (30-Jun-2011)**

Here's the new video (below). A big thanks to MarkCup87 and chrispy.clio for the suggestions to improve sound quality. With a 3-ply tissue(!) taped over the mic and placement right next to the trumpets the sound pick-up was much better (and probably as good as I can hope to get from the basic GoPro alone). I also took a short video of the exhaust in a slow drive back through my estate... it rumbles and pops a bit. Please excuse the fading daylight in places and the dirty exhaust pipes. Saturday is bath day for the Trophy... LOL! The roads aren't great either but I didn't want to go for as this was more an experiment than anything...

Cheers!​

Last edited by a moderator:
  Focus RS + S3
sounds awesome mate, thought you were going to pull into the mcdonalds at the end innit ;) lol

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Wow it did make a difference! Haha

Sounds epic mate

More vids! Haha
Thanks mate - will get some more footage soon... although my mate wants his camera back soon for his trip to the 'Ring... pfft. :D

Can you stop posting these please?

I want my fcuking car back!!!!! lol
We all make mistakes. The important thing is that we learn from them... :rasp: LOL!

sounds awesome mate, thought you were going to pull into the mcdonalds at the end innit ;) lol
No no no... just pulled in so that I could change the position of the camera to get the exhaust footage. I was tempted to grab a banananananana milkshake though.

Where I live there seems to be a lot of folks with small dogs - poodles, chihuahuas, etc. They don't like the exhaust popping; you should see them jump! PMSL! Beware the "Poodle-scarer"... :eek:

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
what bhp is it making? sounds sweeeeeet, and seems to pull like a train.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
what bhp is it making? sounds sweeeeeet, and seems to pull like a train.
The increased throttle response and added torque make a difference when it comes to pulling away - it certainly feels a lot better. As for bhp it's good for a genuine 200 (and a bit) horses. I'm looking to get the aircon removed, new filter added and performance cams sometime in the near future. Once those are done I'll get it rolling-roaded and mapped again (on the same dyno by Matt at TDF) and see what I get. First I have to get the sofa I've been promising my good lady... LOL! :D

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Shame on you, mate... tut tut. :D

The more the merrier... the hills will be ringing to the sound of ITB's. :D

Could have a massive ITB fly by!! Sounds awesome Andy fairplay. I to am lookin at some cam's still undecided at the mo :S