ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vinyl wrapping and plasti dipping

Subaru imp & leggy
Does anyone have any experience of either of the above processes for DIY application. Watched various you tube clips and it all looks easy but I'm sure it's not. I'm contemplating wheels and or some body panels bit wondered who has tried what, how successful and how expensive. Pics would be good!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't bother it looks s**t.

I wrapped a bonnet once and whilst it looked perfect, it took about 2 hours Between 2 of us and was more than frustrating.

Oh, and did I mention it looks s**t?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It looked perfect but looked s#it? U mean u did a good job but didn't like the effect?
It never looks as good as painting it properly.

I have a friend that owns Bristol Blue Customs, and they wrap a LOT of expensive cars with expensive wraps... but they all look crap to me. Nothing against his work, it's bob on, but you'll never beat having it painted properly. Imo.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Gloss wraps look crap and orange peely to f**k.

Matt/Satin wraps look good if done properly, depends on the car and colour.