ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vinyl Wrapping Car Parts

Hey all

So I bought a big piece of carbon vinyl and had a go at doing this
I want to do:
Gear knob insert
Dash strips
Front & Rear diamonds
Hazzard light frame
Heater frame
Wingmirrors

It proved to be incredibly difficult, even following youtube vids

Does anyone local to suffolk (ish) do this and would be able to do it for me?

Or has anyone got an easy way to do it?

Clio 172 Cup
Have you cleaned the item with panel wipe or similar?

Are you starting from the centre and working out using your finger?

Clio 172 Cup
Have you cleaned the item with panel wipe or similar?

Are you starting from the centre and working out using your finger?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Are you using vinyl or the di-noc stuff?

This is the important question. From the sounds of it (you saying it isn't sticking properly) I'm guessing it's vinyl and not the di-noc stuff. I've used the di-noc in the past - and it really is brilliant - a world apart from the vinyl.

With the di-noc, you just need to place it on the items largest flat surface, then rub it on (to make sure that large flat surface is stuck), then start heating & bending/stretching it around the edges/corners etc.

Practice is the important thing tbh - I was gutsy and (after practising wrapping a deodorant can top :p) wrapped my laptop lid in it, it came out 99.5% perfect and I'm really happy with it, however It was a bit touch and go at points. The key is to make sure you don't cut it too short. Make sure you've got enough to go around the edges (as otherwise it'll come loose at the corners).

Also - I used a professional heat gun (which I got on the 'bay for £15 iirc). Hair-dryers do work, but take more time and aren't quite as good.

If it's the viynl then I'm afraid I can't help you - as tbh, it's not very good for wrapping.

I'm using vinyl I think, it doesn't say anything about di-noc on the listing.

I guess just keep trying, everything is cleaned etc but maybe I havnt got the nack.

If anyone knows anyone local to me thats good give me a shout as I don't mind paying

1.6 Ford Focus
Vinyl does work but its a lot more effort and takes a lot more heat to stretch, plus the end result isn't quite as nice.

I would just get some di-noc stuff, you can get a fairly big sheet of it from ebay for around £30. I wrapped my phone, car key fob, laptop mouse keys and my mini usb mouse buttons in the stuff and it looks quite good, about 4 months down the line and its still stuck down exactly as it was when I first wrapped them.