ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media?! Sky!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I want to know where customers will stand, because I'm pretty sure they won't put the prices down if they do lose the channels, and they've only just put them up FFS.

If they do get rid of these, would it be classed as a change of service, and therefore customers be able to end the contract early???

There would be very little point me having cable if it wasn't for Sky1 and Sky Sports News, might as well just have free view.

There would be very little point me having cable if it wasn't for Sky1 and Sky Sports News, might as well just have free view.

Exactly.. it will be freeview if it keeps going like this!
I'm just glad I'm down the BT Phone, ADSL and Sky route!

Sky is pure genius - it gets no better IMO in terms of TV entertainment! :)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I've got cable because it was the easiest, and was cheaper (was £20 p/m and no install fee as apposed to sky wanting silly money to come and fit it), but now it's £25 p/m and if they lose the channels, the main ones I watch, other than the music channels will be avaliable on free view.

TBH, I'm not sure I'd bother with anything in the future, freeview seems about the best way to go. Would rather buy films on DVD, rather go to the pub to watch football matches.

500bhp Scoob
Feel sorry for the people, like me who live in places where its prohibited to put a dish on the property... telewest have already multi-dropped the flats where I'm in, and the landlord doesn't want a dish stuck on the side... yet a fuckload of cable going everywhere is ok... go figure...

Don't like sky anyway... don't like telewest either lol, good job i don't really watch much tv

Citroen DS3 DSport
Not exactly a serious problem, I never watch Sky 1 cause I cannot be bothered with all of those ad breaks, easier and better to watch the good programmes using other methods.

Sky are merely pissed off that VM have signed some exclusive deals recently with a major US TV production company, basically stole it from under Sky's nose hehe :D This is only the start of new deals that VM will be signing, Sky can keep crap Sky 1 etc.

Skoda Fabia vRS
at first i was bothered, but thinking about it im not, i dont watch 24, or Lost etc, and if i did i would download them, already do that with other shows to save on ad breaks

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Exactly.. it will be freeview if it keeps going like this!
I'm just glad I'm down the BT Phone, ADSL and Sky route!

Sky is pure genius - it gets no better IMO in terms of TV entertainment! :)

The one to have is

Cable Broadband - much better !

Sky TV

Cable Phoneline (only had 3 issue over 9 years compared to our BT line)

Polo + Micra
i wanna know how they will lose sky three and sports news as they are on freeview:S

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
at first i was bothered, but thinking about it im not, i dont watch 24, or Lost etc, and if i did i would download them, already do that with other shows to save on ad breaks

I do ! and they are being left behind big time as I can get my tv shows before they air over here, commerical free and in HD !

They are just starting to catch up with music downloads which got a kick in the ass when napster first came out.. now they are getting a kick in the ass with regards to TV shows and films ! they will learn.. but slowly.

i wanna know how they will lose sky three and sports news as they are on freeview:S

Sky are pulling them from Freeview, setting up some sort of premium service like Top-Up TV where you can pay to watch certain things such as some Premiership games, movies etc via Freeview.

We're sticking with Telewest/Virgin, had TV/Phone/Broadband from them since day one and had no complaints and virtually no downtime, a couple of channels isn't a big deal, I will only miss Lost which a) is available to download everywhere and b) is getting rubbish now anyway.

As long as I've still got Discovery etc I'm happy.

Fiat Panda 100hp

Sky are pulling them from Freeview, setting up some sort of premium service like Top-Up TV where you can pay to watch certain things such as some Premiership games, movies etc via Freeview.

We're sticking with Telewest/Virgin, had TV/Phone/Broadband from them since day one and had no complaints and virtually no downtime, a couple of channels isn't a big deal, I will only miss Lost which a) is available to download everywhere and b) is getting rubbish now anyway.

As long as I've still got Discovery etc I'm happy.

Discovery ...knows it