ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo 850R

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I always liked these when I was younger but I could never have afforded to run one,
Good luck with it.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
My old 850R bought back in 2009, manual, a box ticker. Only had it for a couple of months but the fuel bills were horrendous. Had it mapped at HLM in Bromsgrove to 280bhp and 300ft/lbs
2017-01-26_08-19-29.jpg
2017-01-26_08-19-18.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
@leeds_182 My old 850 had a pretty solid leak from the back of the block.. Turbo oil return....

Thought that! Either that or the sumps plugs not sealed property - had that with the 940.

Bought all the service items for it today: oil, oil filter, air filter, plugs, sump plug and gasket all for £42 delivered!

330i. E30 Touring.
Was a bit of a fiddly one to sort. 100x easier on a ramp owing to it's location, but as simple as unbolt it from the turbo, pop the return out. Instant gasket. Replace.

Thing the o-ring had had it. (it was 5 years ago, so memory not that good)

I just clocked the number on the reg plate, neat! I think it'll look fab once you've worked your magic on it.. and got the amphasite alloys back on.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Lol, even mine is leaking from there. Admittedly because I forgot to get a new gasket when I swapped the turbo, but still.

Nice purchase :smile:

No real need to replace them (if you are referring to the copper washers on the banjo bolts?. If you heat them up until glowing with a blow torch and let them cool down again they should seal just fine.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
No real need to replace them (if you are referring to the copper washers on the banjo bolts?. If you heat them up until glowing with a blow torch and let them cool down again they should seal just fine.

Nooooo, the drain on the bottom, has a long rectangular flange with a pair of bolts on it.

This is looking really smart! Fingers crossed for an easy fix............ did you say you got both sets of wheels with it? Looks soo much better with the anthracite wheels but awesomeness is still present in those photos :cool:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
This is looking really smart! Fingers crossed for an easy fix............ did you say you got both sets of wheels with it? Looks soo much better with the anthracite wheels but awesomeness is still present in those photos :cool:

Yeah, dropped the vollans off at the furbers today and picking them up on Tuesday. The millenniums will then be going up for sale.