ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Bora - Winter Gathering - New Wheels!

Bora.
Re: Bora With Genuine BBS splits

Yeah 5x120, having adaptors made up in the next couple weeks to get properly test fitted, i have cambershims sitting waiting to go on aswell to aid clearance.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

What were they off? Not bad offsets tbh.

Look like the Style 42's off the e39 5 series - also known as the RS744/745. They're 18x9 (et24) and 18x8 (et20), 5x120 bolt pattern.

These are 17's, but you get the idea.

P1015342.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah 5x120, having adaptors made up in the next couple weeks to get properly test fitted, i have cambershims sitting waiting to go on aswell to aid clearance.

Woah! What size?! My red one above were 9J ET19 once spaced out.

Bora.

Woah! What size?! My red one above were 9J ET19 once spaced out.

18" 8j et20 9j et24, so once i get 12mm adaptors it will be 8j et8 and 9j et12, so will need camber and possibly my arches rolled out (flared) to make them fit.

Bora.

can have 10mm made up, but the 2mm will make a difference, anymore than 12 and it will poke too much i think.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

can have 10mm made up, but the 2mm will make a difference, anymore than 12 and it will poke too much i think.

I bet you can but i'd want a min of 15/20mm for PCD adapters. That's not much thread for your studs. Make sure you get very good quality ones.

Bora.

The ones im getting come with a lifetime warrenty and their own insurance policy from america, custom made to fit the centre bore of the bora and the bmw wheels.

I can just see the tiny disclaimer hidden in the guarantee somewhere... "For show use only". I'd want 1300kgs or whatever it weighs on more than a few threads per stud too personally.

Bora.

Never thought of that in all honesty, will read through the garuntee to make sure they are made to withstand day to day usage, thanks for the heads up gaz.

Turbos.

You did a great job on the Clio. Look forward to seeing the finished Bora.

Bora.

i dont think much people will like where the alloys are going, but this is my plans (photoshop).
Untitled-2-13.gif

BMW M4; S1000 RR

I can just see the tiny disclaimer hidden in the guarantee somewhere... "For show use only". I'd want 1300kgs or whatever it weighs on more than a few threads per stud too personally.

The car's weight doesn't go through the bolts.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

You got adapters yet bud? If not, G23 Engineering off of Edition is the top dog. Did my 5x100-5x120 adapters :) Wheels will be cool, haven't seen them on a bora before!

Bora.

Nahh not got adaptors yet, things haven't went to plan financially, I split the wheels ad whilst doing so I have threaded some of the bolt and also snapped a few so need to have them drilled out.

Renault Clio 172 Cup

always liked the bora's a guy at work is selling his v5 for £1800

Bora.

Quick preview of wheels from the refurb company, still more work to be done to them, decided once I have them back they are up for sale! Going to poke too much on my car and want wheels that will fit perfectly flush.

e783221e.gif

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Look good but i think it's a wise idea. With adapters they'd have looked a little silly.

Bora.

Thanks, the rears of the barrels are going a deep purple colour, just a small detail people would see if you are up very close to the car, unless a deposit is made on them ASAP I can change the purple to any other colour suitable.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5

So the thread title should be..

Bora.

Then another thread should be made called.

Genuine BBS splits?

Bora.

No.
The bbs were for the bora but due to the chance of 3cm poke I have decided to sell up, therefore your point is invalid.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5

No.
The bbs were for the bora but due to the chance of 3cm poke I have decided to sell up, therefore your point is invalid.

But you haven't posted a single picture of them actually on the Bora.

Bit like me saying...

Yeah my EK9 has a turbo, 550bhp.

Not bough it or anything, just have it sitting in the factory ready to be put on my car.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Wow this Merk fella is a bit of a wenis.

Anyway, probably the right decision mate! Hopefully selling these will give you the funds for something more suitable!

Bora.

The fact they won't fit without adaptors? And that I don't have the adaptors to fit them. Then there's the fact they need a refurb and are currently in the progress of being refurbed. At the end of the day, it's a progress thread, and I'm posting up my progress.

If you can make a progress thread, document that you have bought an updated turbo such as a Garret and show that it is possible to reach 550bhp then do so, I won't hesitate to comment.

Hopefully they do give me the funds required for a nice set of alloys, hopefully X5 tiger claws or 3sdm 0.05 or any other wheel that catches my eye, and also a set of coilovers of possible from the sale.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

If you're going down the static route, 18's are the winners. Easy to get some nice fitment on them. 17's leave arch gap, even if you're low. You can see from mine, when the chassis is sitting on the floor is the only time I don't have arch gap! And 19's will make you look like you're going green laneing.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I agree with jase. 18x9's all round for winners. It's all about concave..

Bora.

As soon as they are sold then I will order up coilovers and a new arb, thinking about going for an R32 one if they fit the bora if not a whiteline arb it is, then its all about looking for decently conclaves wheels. As soon a I have the alloys back I will do a mock up of them against the bora, and a mock up with 20mm gap between the wheel and hub to see how bad the poke really is, so expect pictures in a week or 2.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

R32 arbs only work with certain coilovers. I ran one with AP's.

Bora.

Any chance you would know what damage if any running without an arb would do to the car?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

None. So many people wrongly assume it'll f**k stuff up, if anything keeping it on is more damaging.

In essence, the ARB is there so the manufacturer can soften up the suspension without losing cornering stability. By fitting coilovers, you're making the ride pretty hard as it is. I noticed no difference at all on both cars when removing it. Only thing different was there wasnt a painful grinding noise when driving.

Can fit r32/tt/s3 arb to wishbone with standard droplinks, some people advise spacing it out due to the angle though.

Bora.

So save money and run without one, are new/ uprated drop links essential when lowering the car?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Anyone who says you won't notice is chatting s**t. When cornering at speed they make a massive difference. No your not going to die but they don't half make the car handle better.