ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wales road trip

S&K

182 cup + Elise
Hi all, got back late last night from an amazing journey through Wales. Set off from Warrington Saturday a.m and headed for Porthmadog, from there into Caernarfon and stayed the night. Sunday a.m went to Ty-Croes for a look see then set off to Newport taking the scenic route. Some pics here but not that good as they are only from my phone. Great drive and the Clio never missed a beat - apart from using three tanks of Shell's finest :eek:

clioanglesey.gif

cliosnowdon.gif

cliosnowdon2.gif

cliowales.gif

cliowales2.gif

cliowales3.gif

cliowales4.gif

cliowales6.gif

cliowales5.gif

S&K

182 cup + Elise
Not the best pics I know but nearly 600 miles in two days - brilliant :)

S&K

182 cup + Elise
The drive was great, quiet roads and gave the car a good run. Went from Newport back up to Warrington on the M4-M5-M6 so not that exciting back but the drive from Anglesey to Newport was brilliant, took the scenic route :)

S&K

182 cup + Elise
I know, everytime I go anywhere I allways forget my bloody camera so only had my phone for pics, must must must remember my camera next time !!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Two full tanks and 600 miles isn't that bad overall. Must be about 34mpg and considering all those country lanes you must have been blasting down I don't think it's that bad.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Looks good,

Were abouts in Caernarfon did you stay at?

Also were you outside DW Sports in Bangor on Saturday Night? as i was parked next to a Rb there,

S&K

182 cup + Elise
Looks good,

Were abouts in Caernarfon did you stay at?

Also were you outside DW Sports in Bangor on Saturday Night? as i was parked next to a Rb there,

Wasn't me in Bangor, I was in Porthmadog Sat eve, we stayed in Tegfan guest house in the centre of Caernarfon. Best breakfast I have had in a very long time and the bloke who runs the place is madder than a box of frogs !

S&K

182 cup + Elise
"Two full tanks and 600 miles isn't that bad overall. Must be about 34mpg and considering all those country lanes you must have been blasting down I don't think it's that bad."

I used 2 3/4 tanks of Shell's finest so a little less to the gallon than that, would have been more but the rev limiter in the passenger seat wasn't having any of it lol :)

Clio 1.8 16V 3d
strange question mate, but did you see a naples valver on the monday near ludlow? i saw a 182 just like your around 10:30 ish, was off Down Hill riding.

looks like a really nice trip, I got stuck behind so many bank holiday drivers on a jolly. always the way when you are on nice roads.

Abarth 500
cliowales5.gif
[/QUOTE]

^^^ Pen y Pas?

Tempted much to drift around the sharp U bend turn at the top? lol

I came down to Cardiff yesterday from C'fon, was a good run!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Wasn't me in Bangor, I was in Porthmadog Sat eve, we stayed in Tegfan guest house in the centre of Caernarfon. Best breakfast I have had in a very long time and the bloke who runs the place is madder than a box of frogs !

Ahh yes i know which B&B you mean, i walk pass that everyday to go to work. Glad you had a good trip :approve:

S&K

182 cup + Elise
strange question mate, but did you see a naples valver on the monday near ludlow? i saw a 182 just like your around 10:30 ish, was off Down Hill riding.

looks like a really nice trip, I got stuck behind so many bank holiday drivers on a jolly. always the way when you are on nice roads.

I was back home Sunday eve so wasn't me, my Dad had a Naples red 16v last year, great colour for that car :)

Not sure if it was the Pen y Pas but I was tempted, the speed limiter in the passenger seat would have minded though ;)

And James F - Great place to stay, loved Caernarfon you are lucky to live in such a nice part of the world :)

S&K

182 cup + Elise
A470 Down to Rhayader then down to Brecon -Brynmawr -Crumlin - Risca - Newport so the other side of the Brecons, beautiful down there and great roads :)