ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

## WARNING ## @ BLOKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Z4x2 & buying a 182
I feel like there is a lot missing from this story on both sides.

If you have such a huge amount invested in this car and you can wait 18 months to take action it seems odd that the first real action you take is to try to break in cause damage and steal your own car back.

Surely you would go through the courts and apply for damages - starting legal proceedings might get you some attention if calls and texts are being ignored. And it costs nothing to start proceedings, you wouldnt need a lawyer for this sort of damages claim?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I feel like there is a lot missing from this story on both sides.

If you have such a huge amount invested in this car and you can wait 18 months to take action it seems odd that the first real action you take is to try to break in cause damage and steal your own car back.

Surely you would go through the courts and apply for damages - starting legal proceedings might get you some attention if calls and texts are being ignored. And it costs nothing to start proceedings, you wouldnt need a lawyer for this sort of damages claim?
He posted on the Megane pages a few months back saying that Carl hasn't been answering his calls/texts etc

I said the same to him but he said he works away offshore a lot so theres not much he can do when hes in the middle of the sea😂

Z4x2 & buying a 182
I mean I would have the same mindset, I would just want to go and take back what is mine. ~But I don't see how it is the most sensible approach here.

Clio 182 Trophy
If Carl isn't answering his phone via calls or texts, what do you expect the lad to do? I've seen the call and message logs, it's actually embarrassing from Carl's side. Civilised goes out of the window when it takes to people to have a conversation and the 2nd person is AWOL.

Too many people commenting on this now who don't know the full story and haven't bothered to read any more that the last 5 messages of this post. Thats me done, if you want to know any more feel free to PM me

Clio 182 Trophy
I just need to clarify here that Andy Greer was NOT admin for the club. He was admin for his traders page though, and he could remove the negative posts on there.

That's fair. I stand corrected.

He was admin on Northern Renault and had his fingers in the CSOC pie too being in with Chip etc.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I love the whole there are two sides to every story part on this. Get a grip people

Bloke - "oh yeah, 18 months ago a lad with a megane asked me if I could cut through his water pipes, cut his battery tray off with a knife and fork and dent his bonnet 12 times then retain his car for 18 months"

Jesus h christ this is exactly what happened with clio turbo and everyone stuck up for him because omfg no way could he do that to someone's car omg
😂😂😂😂😂

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Perhaps I'm weird, but even if I was pissed off about my car taking ages, I don't think I would break into someone's yard or "thump" anyone.

I don't think it's just the being pissed off about the car taking ages. I think it's the being ignored/lied to etc. and then finding his car in the state it's in.

I'm not a hard man, nor will I ever claim to be, but if it was me, I'd want to kick his teeth in too, especially if someone was laughing in my face at the situation.

EDIT: Although I do think all the comments about burning his unit down etc are going a bit too far.

Clio 197
Step 6: A Tough Decision
This is it. Make or break time. Do you?
1. Try and soldier on working 25 hours a day? You do your best to get cars out on time but invariably you forget to do up a fuel line or don’t notice a cable drooping close to an exhaust due to your caffeine-induced stupor.
2. Hire someone. Not only do you have to do your work, but you also have to check theirs. You can’t really afford to pay them much so they aren’t the best.

Neither option is good. The first arguments with the missus take place.

Or you know, you could just say no and not take on any more jobs?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
😂😂😂 this cheered me up haha
Dont get all these sticking up for him as if they're joined at the hip. If he'd have come out and said his lass had popped her clogs then I'd have understood. Hes just clearly fucked someone about and not hit deadlines. Any normal working environment you'd get the sack or a warning

Communication is key, once you lose that then you've fucked it. Especially in this day in age. All it takes is 10 mins to drop em a text to say what you've been on with and if you managed to get anything sorted. That would have at very least staved off the entourage of hate

As for his lad sticking his 20p in all that did was make things worse. Pellet

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I mean I'm from the worst s**t hole in the country, tbh it's too dangerous now too many shootings and stabbings over nothing.

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Go ask the rally lads what happened to their cars? Same as this. It just didn’t get plastered all over Facebook

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Despite what has happened Carl shouldn't have to be looking over his shoulder all the time in case someone from FB wants to attack him or his family. Look what happened with @Cookson

Mouth breathers mate. Nothing going on in their life so they love to get in the mix with something that's f**k all to do with them. It's done me a favour in all honesty. I've not missed Facebook one bit since coming off

Z4x2 & buying a 182
I totally get why the guy did what he did to get his car back, I just am not sure its the best move in the situation.

I would be just as angry as everyone else but if you've got £30k in a car at stake and its as fucked as it looks like it is, then as satisfying as it would be to go all Oceans 11, break in, get your car back and thump a few people in the process, the reality is if you are going to try to get your money back then at some point you are going through the courts.

When you find yourself in court later trying to pursue damages you are going to get less sympathy and the situation is going to start to look less one sided given the way it was dealt with so you might expect to get a lesser result.

That being said i'd still probably just want to get back my car by whatever means necessary, including thumping ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
If Carl isn't answering his phone via calls or texts, what do you expect the lad to do? I've seen the call and message logs, it's actually embarrassing from Carl's side. Civilised goes out of the window when it takes to people to have a conversation and the 2nd person is AWOL.

Too many people commenting on this now who don't know the full story and haven't bothered to read any more that the last 5 messages of this post. Thats me done, if you want to know any more feel free to PM me

He could have always gone over there on a weekday when he knew he was open? I sympathise if the guy has been conned, but that doesn't excuse criminal behaviour. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Agree on the second point. I am not defending either side. Like I said earlier in the thread, there is clearly far more to this than Facebook/forum rants are showing, so I was just making an observation about people advocating a certain type of behaviour.

This

Anyone saying they wouldn't have clearly never had a fight in their life or ever been in that position, passive aggressive little fannies.

Crack skulls, shag slags and sup stella. The proper Donny way

No, I haven't had many fights in my life. Thankfully our society is a bit more civilised than that these days. Sometimes violence is necessary. I can't think a car really counts as sometimes though.

Dont get all these sticking up for him as if they're joined at the hip. If he'd have come out and said his lass had popped her clogs then I'd have understood. Hes just clearly fucked someone about and not hit deadlines. Any normal working environment you'd get the sack or a warning

Communication is key, once you lose that then you've fucked it. Especially in this day in age. All it takes is 10 mins to drop em a text to say what you've been on with and if you managed to get anything sorted. That would have at very least staved off the entourage of hate

As for his lad sticking his 20p in all that did was make things worse. Pellet

I'm not sticking up for him. My observations were more about people feeling the need to string someone up based on Facebook posts. I do appreciate the irony though, given I'm talking about it too lol

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Also no money for legal fees but able to sink £30k into a Megane that's only running 330bhp?
Maybe he's included every drop of petrol and coat of wax. We all know how that adds value to a car😉😂.

It's a s**t situation for both parties involved that's for sure but my god some of the people commenting on Facebook shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard never mind a car. I hope they are unable to breed ffs!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Maybe he's included every drop of petrol and coat of wax. We all know how that adds value to a car😉😂.

It's a s**t situation for both parties involved that's for sure but my god some of the people commenting on Facebook shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard never mind a car. I hope they are unable to breed ffs!
Pew pew

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I just need to clarify here that Andy Greer was NOT admin for the club. He was admin for his traders page though, and he could remove the negative posts on there.

Well that's an eye opener!! 🤣👀👀
Wondered how he carried on trading for so long (and yes I have seen his workmanship first hand it was shocking)

Status
Not open for further replies.