ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty n exhaust + renault service

my 172 is 23 mths old done 19000 m and original exhaust has blown. phoned local renault dealer told not covered in warranty wear n tear also told car needs service at 18000 m alredy been 1 A service done. looking at service book it should be 24000m or 4 yrs can anyone enlighten me please. if i put on stainless steel exhaust does this affect the car warranty. anyone had any similar experiences with renault dealers

warranty depends on the dealer some use mods as an excuse not to pay out and others dont care id ask your local dealer. 172 gets serviced every 12,000 1.2 etc has a 18,000 service interval

Hello,

The exhaust isnt covered after the first year, put on a stainless steel exhaust, people on here say Magnex or K-Tec are good for a 172, youll need a mortgage to pay for a Renault one. Youre correct about the service times...:)

Viv

there is a change in 2000 so i think 2001 you will be fine the cats are different on mk1 172 to mk2s and they have two lambda sensors on a mk2 whereas only one on the mk1. if you tell them the year and model when they are supplying the exhaust they should get it right and if they dont they will have to refund it under the basis of it being unsuitable for the application it was sold