ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washed the Williams.....Finally

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Bought 0199 back in october i think it was last year, since then its been my daily and hasn't seen a wash in the last 5 months :oops:

So with the cold finally breaking and the rain/snow stopping I decided to get off my arse and actually break out the bucket and sponge :D

As you can see in the first few pictures, living and parking on a hill where Tarmac quarry lorries go up and down all day and night isn't exactly indicative to a clean motor, it was frankly a disgrace!!

anyway heres the fruits of my last few hours of labour! still need to vac it out then come spring i'll probably crack out the clay bar and meguires 3 step polish as well, seal it back up again as although theres one dodgy arch, the paintwork and wheels isn't too bad :D

Cheers

Ben

Filthy............

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Scrub-a-dub and its a happy time yeys!!!

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Looks lush when clean mate. 5 months though, hang your head!!!

Also need to remove some of the Magic tree forest you've got there.,

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
the passenger arch is okay, but right at the back where it meets the rear light cluster its just starting to go, drivers arch is a mess really, dodgy repair god knows when so its full of filler, wrong shape and blistered on the crap respray paint on it. also has a small amount of rust coming through on the lip of the arch. sills are solid but beginning to surface rust. rest is fine, bottom of doors and boot lid are mint, as are most of the other ususal traps on a mk1 so overall pretty happy with it!

the magic tree forest has followed me across my last 3 cars, it shall only grow, no deforestation here :lol:

as for the not washing, what can i say, i'm lazy and usually when i have a spare minute to wash a car i wash the turbo!

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
I thot my car was bad!! lol!! looks cracking now, love williams clio's , def my next buy. Looks in great condition!!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
cheers for the comments guys, its by no means immacualte and looking like in need of some mechanical attention this year but all in all not too bad

plans include:

- fit the set of 4 parada spec 2's sat in the shed
- fit 'new' alternator and actually new aux belt
- fit megane or laguna jc5 gearbox and mk 2 clio top gearbox mount
- refit front bumper and get fog lights working
- refit all missing splash shields from wheel arches
- correct painted parts on front end by returning to grey plastics

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I thought you were going to flog this on?

You've photographed it well.

all depends on how it behaves and how much it costs me to run over next six months leading up to its mot matey

i cleaned it tho and fell in love again, damn mark ones getting under my skin!!!!llol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
thanks everyone for the comments, but photos hide a thousand paint based crimes! its no where near as mint as the pics make it look!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
sorry Dave lad, didnt mean to ruin your fun ;-)

wasnt doing that when you boys came down the hill mate no, was tinkering with the turbo that day :)

S4 Avant
ooooh i picked up something about blowing welds on the intake manifold?

You chose a good day to do it all though, surprised you didnt get sunburn

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Always always wanted a Williams when I had my Valver... Still jealous :D

Looks great mate

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
haha too right daniel san, i was thinkin other day how easy wud be to swap some sweat cams and pullies in there, changed tappets other week and was a piece of piss!:lol:

wasn't blowing welds, it stripped a thread and needed a new gasket due to possible air leak and crap state of the gasket under investigation :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
too right it is, rained to day so lasted all of what, 18 hours clean! got a trip to the cinema out of it last night, forgot how much attention a clean willy recieves.....ahem

been running a mk1 daily for years now, cant get enough of the rattly old love ;-)

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
now that really was dirty, lol, quite a difference after as well.

weecraig1508

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
on and off running one then smart arse ;-) ran a polo for 3 months inbetween whilst breaking last williams :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Mmm I'd love a willy as a dailey, may come and borrow yours now I know where you live!

Maybe a 172 Cup..
I know you say pics don't tell the true condition of the car, but still threads like this make me wonder whether to look for a willy rather than a phs 1:S

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
swap you for the vee add mate ;-)

aboo, do it, you know you want to and tbh phase 1 mark 2s are getting old enough now to need the same amount of attention to run as a well looked after williams. but a decent williams will still command more money