ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer Bottle Leakin Or Do We Have A Thief in the ranks

Rsport182Cup'd
any clues, fill the water bottle up then next thing i know the thing is empty, no obvious signs of a leak, dont use H/L washer just leave lights on auto, but could do with some water every now and again for the screen.

182 sport 05 plate.

or shall i just get it booked in on warranty.

Cheers Guys

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
the headlight washers get used when u use the windscreen washers.
common problem is the headlight washers leaking. mine did ... swiftly ran out of water

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Fill the bottle up with water then look in the passenger side front arch you will probably see all the water running out.

Mines done it for weeks cant be arsed to fix it at the moment haven't needed the washers

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Don't mean to hijack your thread bud but i have a similer leak problem and thought i'd post here instead of a new thread.

Right my prob is the very same that The_0ne mentions, i pour water into the bottle and i notice a very small dripping under the wheel arch.

The thing is i have already been in to Reno 5 fcuking times now about this and on the 1st 4 occasions they couldnt find a fault! and then on the 5th they said it was the pump which they said they replaced. Still leaking tho.

What can i say to mr Reno to take notice and fix the damn leak once and for all.

TDI tyre shreader
Book it in under warrenty then take it to them, a trained monkey will come out with a watering can and then comfirm that what you told them is correct

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Don't mean to hijack your thread bud but i have a similer leak problem and thought i'd post here instead of a new thread.

Right my prob is the very same that The_0ne mentions, i pour water into the bottle and i notice a very small dripping under the wheel arch.

The thing is i have already been in to Reno 5 fcuking times now about this and on the 1st 4 occasions they couldnt find a fault! and then on the 5th they said it was the pump which they said they replaced. Still leaking tho.

What can i say to mr Reno to take notice and fix the damn leak once and for all.

You need a complete new washer bottle

Audi A4
Had this problem on my car, it's the washer motor that has probably come out or the rubber ring that the washer motor is sitting in, if the water is going instantly it's the motor that has come out if its a slower leak it's either a crack in the bottle (unlikely) or the rubber ring that the motor sits in has perished.

Mine leaks aswell its thet washer jet for the lights common problem mine will empty the bottle quite quick mine is the passanger one you can see it coming out need to get it fixed really so now dont fill it un to much

Rsport182Cup'd
Bit of a serious problem though if it has perished already on 05 plate cars, even ifit has been sat in a store yard for a year or two before purchase, should have been re calling if such an issue.

Rsport182Cup'd
Have We Got Any Consensus How Common This Fault Is Appearing To Be. I Did Not Really Want To Take My Car To Reg Vardy For Warranty Work To Be Told You Got To Wait Three Weeks For That To Be Booked In Cos We Are Really Busy, Hence Travelling 80 To A Different Dealer To Buy Car In First Place After Enough Bad Run In With Vardy's.

Bit Far To Travel For Botle, Its Ok To Wait But Awful When You Are Following A Truck In Bad Weather And You Cant Clear Screen Properly To Drop It A Few And Go Round It.

GP2
Mine was leaking too, managed to get if fixed though after a lot of effort.

Def get it booked in, they'll get it sorted.