ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer jets blocked/faulty on 172

Clio 172 Cup / Polo GTi
Hi all,

There is a bit of an issue with the girlfriend's 53-plate 172 Cup! When the washer jets are used, the passenger-side jet is perfect but the driver-side jet is p*ss-poor! :(

Her father has had a look and tested the washer jet and the pipes for signs of air blocks or just blockage in general but no luck. Anything else we can do?

Cheers

Si

J

Jim NM

Yep mine is the same, I also had trouble with the pasenger side headlight washer dripping I clamped off the pipe behind the headlight. I had to reach under the headlight and pull the small bore hose up to clamp it. Saved me taking off the front bumper. I wasn't gonna pay for another headlight washer thingy ( about £11 aren't they?)
I think the the headlight washers are a waste of time.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
It'll be the washer jet bit causing the problem.

As said, take it off, use a pin in every hole you can, wiggle it around and some crap should come out.

The problem comes however when there's any crap left in the washer bottle, it only has to be small stuff. It'll go through the pipes no problem but then hits the washer jet and whilst the pipe going in is big enough the crap gets stuck when it splits off to the two nozzles.

Had this last weekend with my other halfs Clio, it's be all clear, you'd put the washer jet on for a bit then itd block again. Stickng a pin in and wiggling it whilst having the jets on you could see ittle bits coming out of the nozzle.

possibly silt in the washer bottle as suggested; could try removing it and flushing it through with a hose pipe

Clio Dci 86
Can the washer jet be removed easily for cleaning/inspection?....like the above the passanger side works fine but drivers side not at all.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The problem is caused by the water freezing / expanding during winter which damages the internal mechanism. The part numbers are .......

drivers side 7701207152 £9.18 + vat

pass side 7701207168 £9.18 + vat

Clio Dci 86
Cheers Matt, but I'm guessing it may also be down to grit/dirt blockage etc...do they just pull off?

Clio Dci 86
er I'm talking about washer jets for the windscreen not front lights...should have made that clear...

Clio Dci 86
Anyone? do the jets on top of the bonnet just pull off so they can be cleaned through? Have tried sticking a pin in but think there's more to it!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Sorry mate thought you meant headlight washers - just order a couple of new ones £5.21 each. Push them through the underside of the bonnet with a pair of pliers to release them