ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Watercooled System - Updated

Tesla MP3 2021
As I had to send my HDD back via an RMA as it was foooked lol I thought I would take the opportunity to alter my Watercooling setup as I wasn’t 100% happy with it.

So the plan was to spin the rad around 180% to lose the unnecessary tubing and get some new fans so I wouldnt have to hack the corners away like last time.

Here are a few pics :)

How it was....

CIMG2261.jpg

CIMG2252.jpg

and

How it is now...

CIMG2272.jpg

CIMG2273.jpg

CIMG2274.jpg

CIMG2275.jpg

CIMG2276.jpg

CIMG2277.jpg

Temperature Sensor Probe

CIMG2278.jpg

CIMG2279.jpg

CIMG2280.jpg

Much better like this :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
There would have been no need for all that business if you had just have bought a Mac...

;)

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Lol mines got 7 fans in it 10 neons all uv green wiring was gonna install water cooling but i spent money on trainers haha.

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Christ how much were your trainers lol. This WC setup has cost me over £300 lol :dead:

Spent 55 on court traditions nikes and 120 on air max 95's.

Didn't spend as much as that only for simple reasons its a few lights and fans don't cost much. :) Looks good though, get some pictures of it in the night mate does the water cooling light up?

Tesla MP3 2021
Spent 55 on court traditions nikes and 120 on air max 95's.

Didn't spend as much as that only for simple reasons its a few lights and fans don't cost much. :) Looks good though, get some pictures of it in the night mate does the water cooling light up?

Erm sort of. The coolent is UV reactant and so are the anti kink coils but I need a UV strip tbh.

I am not bothered about all that tbh!

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Erm sort of. The coolent is UV reactant and so are the anti kink coils but I need a UV strip tbh.

I am not bothered about all that tbh!

Fair does fella :) still very nice set up you got their. Would spend more on mine but the car > everything else lol, at the moment.

Tesla MP3 2021
Fair enough. I have three noctua's in mine, all set on half speed, they are whisper quiet. :approve:

Yeah I had a Noctua cooler for the i7 before this. The fans on that were pretty good :)

The thing is it isnt "silent" and I dont want it to be. You know its working when it makes a noise lol ;)

987 Boxster S
Haha, I'm sure you know its working when your playing all your games at full settings! I dare you to replace all the fans with Noctua ones (£14 each, you have that many to replace, you might even get discount for multiple purchases...) ;)

I love this system. Personally I'd try and have the rad in the front, drawing in the coolest air. I've never built a LC setup though so I'm in no place to judge. Immense PC.

Quality stuff Adam. You must have put some time into that thing.

More money than time! It's a perfect lesson in 'more is more' PC building. Pretty much everything in there is as extreme as it gets right now IMO. Mine was the same 18 months ago. I miss that feeling :( lol

I think one has to fully experience the kind of gaming performance these machines offer, before starting to understand the logic behind spending so much money on them :)

Tesla MP3 2021
I love this system. Personally I'd try and have the rad in the front, drawing in the coolest air. I've never built a LC setup though so I'm in no place to judge. Immense PC.

Why thankyou :eek: lol.

Yeah you can put a rad in the front of this case but I cant as I have 2x optical drives and 2x HDD's.

Trust me with the rad now having 3x 120x120x38mm Yate Loons pushing on it and 3x 120mm - D12SH-12 pulling all the hot air away its going to be pretty darn cold lol

Quality stuff Adam. You must have put some time into that thing.

Indeed lol. Its been a pretty big project in both time and money but its worth it :)

More money than time! It's a perfect lesson in 'more is more' PC building. Pretty much everything in there is as extreme as it gets right now IMO. Mine was the same 18 months ago. I miss that feeling :( lol

I think one has to fully experience the kind of gaming performance these machines offer, before starting to understand the logic behind spending so much money on them :)

True True.

Your well overdue for a new build lado ;)...

WTF is that?? It looks alive/borg-esque!

Its called a PC :rasp:

ST
I have a Sony Vaio laptop, it plays blu-ray and does the internetz, DONE.

WHY do you need all this geek material?

Rav4
I was messing around :)

The idea and principle behind it is fine, if you have the use for it, which I am sure you do, then awesome :) I would not, that's for sure, this is a beast for gaming, do you recon you will be using the full potential of the system?

I would have liked to see at least dual GCards though :p

The only thing is, someone would assume that a "watercooled" system would be a substitute to a fanned system, however, clearly this is not the case in this instance,

A 100% silent solution would be ideal, however, those normally tend to be fully submerged components, which to me is scary!

:)

Well done for all your hardwork and thanks for placing it on here.

Your joking right lol.

More tubing = Bad!

Ta :)

Tesla MP3 2021
Average, you've only got one graphics card. ;)

One GPU is enough for now ;).

I was messing around :)

The idea and principle behind it is fine, if you have the use for it, which I am sure you do, then awesome :) I would not, that's for sure, this is a beast for gaming, do you recon you will be using the full potential of the system?

I would have liked to see at least dual GCards though :p

The only thing is, someone would assume that a "watercooled" system would be a substitute to a fanned system, however, clearly this is not the case in this instance,

A 100% silent solution would be ideal, however, those normally tend to be fully submerged components, which to me is scary!

:)

Well done for all your hardwork and thanks for placing it on here.

Thanks

Yeah it is a beast for gaming and that’s why I went for the components I did but I also just wanted to build a top end system.

Well yeah that can be some peoples perception but you will find most Watercooled systems still have fans but you don’t need the fans to be on full to achieve decent temps so they are pretty quiet tbh.

Being “fully submerged” isn’t something I want to get into haha :S

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
F*ckabout!

I remember when I was a lad and my Dad water-cooled my SNES by accident. C*nt

Did run cooler though. ;)

Roffle at the twin gfx suggestions. You all obviously don't know what a GTX295 is. Think of it as six or seven xbox 360s strapped togther and you're getting close in terms of rendering power ;)

Firstly, it's already essentially two GTX280 bolted together. Secondly, it's so powerful that no CPU is going to out-pace it. The only justification for running two of those is if you're rocking out @ 2560x1600, and even then, a GTX295 is probably enough. If Adam added another 295, he'd need to run his CPU at 6Ghz to get any frame boosts IMO.

n00bs ;)

EDIT: BTW, water isn't about keeping noise low, it's about keeping the temperatures as close to ambient as possible. Essential for extreme overclocking when the machine is overvolted, in order to stop it melting.

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
Roffle at the twin gfx suggestions. You all obviously don't know what a GTX295 is. Think of it as six or seven xbox 360s strapped togther and you're getting close in terms of rendering power ;)

Firstly, it's already essentially two GTX280 bolted together. Secondly, it's so powerful that no CPU is going to out-pace it. The only justification for running two of those is if you're rocking out @ 2560x1600, and even then, a GTX295 is probably enough. If Adam added another 295, he'd need to run his CPU at 6Ghz to get any frame boosts IMO.

n00bs ;)

EDIT: BTW, water isn't about keeping noise low, it's about keeping the temperatures as close to ambient as possible. Essential for extreme overclocking when the machine is overvolted, in order to stop it melting.

Good old Roy. Tells it how it is in simple form :p

^^ It is quite obvious by his case that looks is also a factor, in that case... ;)

cool n00b ;)

So are you saying it looks good ;)...

Rav4
You love biting don't you :p

n00bs ;)