ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weekend/Track Car

clio 172
mudu6yty.jpg

a4yta7eh.jpg

Just sorting my new tyres out :) may even be going on track at anglsye at the weekend :)

clio 172
This morning i tuck the clio to three sisters so i could get it log booked as a sprint and hill climb. Glad to say it passed :) now this week il be ordering my plastic windows ,a new door bar made up ,finishing my graphics design im getting put on and then fitting some other new goodies
y7e7yde6.jpg

clio 172
e8ete5ed.jpg

Got my msa log book today in the post
Got a couple problems at the mo with the clio. The rear left wheel bearing has died and it struggling to disengage the immobiliser the other day and wouldn't start.
Whilst its of the road im going to change the abs pump,front discs,service it tart it up abit,iv also got a roof vent to fit ,im getting plastic windows next month so may look silly untill windows are in but never mind haha

clio 172
Well it turns out the clio wasnt broke after all :-/
I had it taken to my dads house so i can work on it
tury3ebe.jpg

Once it was at my dads i went to remove the wheel so i could start to change the bear only to find the wheel hanging of. For some strange reason it had come lose haha o well i know have a spare set of rear discs and bearings ,whilst its been at my dads iv sprayed my track alloys in black ready for my slicks and r888s to be refitted :)
Iv also had chance to fit my new roof scoop thanks to chris @ Cmcompasites

I know it may not be to everyones taste but i think it looks smart and when i get my new windows in the near future it will be so much better.

9y9uda9u.jpg

uremy6u9.jpg

my nephew george approved the vent :).

Last night i went and grabbed a couple of piccys on my way home

yry2ynu8.jpg

ebe9y4u2.jpg

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I saw this at 3 sisters and its looks great, I see Chris Mansley did your log book as he is our usual scrutineer, when do you plan to use it in anger ?

clio 172
Sorted a couple more jobs out today
7uvesu3a.jpg

New locking aero catches as iv had a couple problems with the bonnet been opened and stuff unplugged :-/

Il be putting the nonlocking ones onto the bumper :)

Also given one of my extra sets of oz f1s a blast of black. These will become the road ones and then i can spruce up all the others :)

epaqu5y3.jpg

eru8apyd.jpg

My dads just told me he has ordered me a wheel stud conversion as iv been after one for ages. Should be here saturday wahoo

clio 172
I saw this at 3 sisters and its looks great, I see Chris Mansley did your log book as he is our usual scrutineer, when do you plan to use it in anger ?

Yer chris sorted it out for me :) well i need to buy a race suit then i can get on with the sprint side of things but im just trying to get money togther now for an track day at oulton park asap

When is the next event you are at ??

clio 172
With me having 3 sets of oz f1s one set for slicks 1 set r88 and one set will have rsrs i decided to spruce up my second set of wheel with some left over paint,its just a quick rattle can job but they are only going to get recked any way. Iv got a couple more layers of paint to go on and also to get rid of the overspray but they are different :)
yryru4yz.jpg

All sorts
Been tinkering on with these for you matey

first proto type which will accept a 70mm hose to the deflector plates ;-)
null_zps2298a9c0.jpg

then I made a second larger version
null_zpsf75c6e29.jpg

after some talks with Russ we are going to copy the original versions as well lol
null_zps5abf5c57.jpg

clio 172
Been tinkering on with these for you matey

first proto type which will accept a 70mm hose to the deflector plates ;-)
null_zps2298a9c0.jpg

then I made a second larger version
null_zpsf75c6e29.jpg

after some talks with Russ we are going to copy the original versions as well lol
null_zps5abf5c57.jpg

Looking great them pal :)

Today i got a good couple of jobs iv been meaning to do.

Iv sorted my door cards (thanks to chris @ cmcompasites ) and got them covered and fitted

Also went to my friends tyre place and had a set of slicks stuck on the refurbed wheels :)
quna8e5u.jpg

yju8are5.jpg

Had to pick my dads toy car up from mot today :) its done 103 miles since its last mot :-/

y2ytajeb.jpg

Iv also resprayed part of the cage that id missed so thats all sorted now :) iv had the door bar on my side bent out slightly as it was touching my seat :-( but all good now

Got a couple of shows in the next couple of weeks too

clio 172
Managed to get my wheel studs sorted today :) yet to drive it as im letting the thread lock cure over night

esupegu2.jpg

gusy9ume.jpg

I was missing one stud from the lot so need to get one sent out :-(.

My backbox hanger has seen better days. Im running a standard backbox at the moment as can not aford a new one yet so will try and get this welded as a temp bodge

vyjyzydu.jpg

I went to my local car meet last night ,the car got some good attention :)

7e7u6avy.jpg

nu8e2uqy.jpg

ehume3yh.jpg

clio 172
Tonight iv done some more work on the clio. I had a spare set of aero catches so stuck them onto the front bumper for ease of removal
e5y6yqah.jpg

The white stuff is polish by the way :)

Also my exhaust hanger had fallen of so my dad rewelded it until i can afford an new system :)

Now over the weekend im going to service it and get it ready for ten of the best
u7a5enyd.jpg

e9a7u4yt.jpg

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport

I saw it there too, I was hoping you were there taking photos but I guess you were busy getting your logbook.

clio 172
I saw it there too, I was hoping you were there taking photos but I guess you were busy getting your logbook.

I had my camera with me but iv been of work for three weeks with a knackard knee and after the log book part it swelled up again so had to get home. Sorry about that

clio 172
Tonight i gave the clio a well over due service. :) got everything sorted and then noticed that my alternator cable was sparking a little bit. My touch touched the cable and it just snapped. So thats the job for the morning :-/
ydy3u3u6.jpg

Also stuck my track headlight blanks on as they need repainting so thought my as well stick them on for something to do ,love the way it looks with them on

a2u5umyr.jpg

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Can't you borrow one? I had to borrow a helmet for my first 2 events as my OMP helmet that I bought for rallycross was no longer legal as it didn't have the flame retardant liner so it meant I have now had to bite the bullet and buy another helmet.