ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weekend/Track Car

clio 172
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359446879.922319.jpg
Ordered these at 1:30am whilst drunk turned up at 8am this morning. Good service :)

clio 172
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359447493.687615.jpg
Fitted this at the weekend makes the exhaust sit a lot nicer and also doesn't bang under hard cornering. Also uprated the Centre mount
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359447569.322826.jpg
10mm spacers fitted fill the archs nice just need to get some shims now to sort rear camber out
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359447612.889722.jpg
Fitted my fire extinguisher as well. Its bolted down and wont be going any where. I was going to put it in front of the passenger seat but it looks like this gap was made for it to go there ha ha. Gary and i from gok garage serviced moved the passenger seat over to the left abit more so that when on track i don't hit the passenger worked out quiet well now :)

clio 172
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360003947.419394.jpg
I wanted a better cold air feed so decided im going to cut my brake vent on the passenger side in half and put this in place so i still have the use of my brake vent but also get a decent air feed ,will post piccys when its fitted

clio 172
well with my next trackday coming up next weekend iv got loads to do before then
:-sort abs
:- fit new cold air intake
:-spray wheels
:-fit new disks
:-get new caber bolts in
:- get the cmber redone with new bolts
:- paint rear floor
:-general clean
:-oil and filter change
:-gearbox oil

looking at that list there isnt really that much that deffo needs looking into but its needs doing
also got my new gloves today after ruining my last pair of mountin bike gloves i had used, not bad for £20 posted :D
8453788208_13dfb0dc58_z.jpg

IMG_2043 by MSPhotographic, on Flickr

clio 172
Track wheel painting underway ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360320650.017087.jpg

Still not sure on the colour , im getting stickers made up for it in green so iv bought green wheel paint but also got black paint aswell. :-/

Clio 172
well with my next trackday coming up next weekend iv got loads to do before then
:-sort abs
:- fit new cold air intake
:-spray wheels
:-fit new disks
:-get new caber bolts in
:- get the cmber redone with new bolts
:- paint rear floor
:-general clean
:-oil and filter change
:-gearbox oil

looking at that list there isnt really that much that deffo needs looking into but its needs doing
also got my new gloves today after ruining my last pair of mountin bike gloves i had used, not bad for £20 posted :D
8453788208_13dfb0dc58_z.jpg

IMG_2043 by MSPhotographic, on Flickr

Where were the gloves from as I need a pair?

clio 172
Well it started like this at the start of the weekend
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360533093.927943.jpg
And finished like this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360533133.060136.jpg
Small name stickers where just put on for a laugh
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360533180.946598.jpg

clio 172
New goodies turned up today
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360867154.764347.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360867169.050946.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360867179.848276.jpg

Broke my headlight the other day so bought one of a lad on here gave it a quick refurb :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360867224.302634.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360867238.619076.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360867259.397374.jpg
Jerry can for track days

clio 172
Well the day started at 7am first off fitting the replacement head light ,got that fitted went to test it and it didn't work think zenon must have broke now as theres power getting to it ,
After that i went and got my new vibra technic mounts fitted
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360970075.533432.jpg

Made up with them no more knocking and very very little vibration so made up

After that i went to my dads but on the way the engine management light cane on and it went into limp home mode.

It was the electrical fault light ,after reading up about it i had realise that when we were changing the gear box mount i i tuck
My air filter of and cleaned the throttle body ,i must have moved the flap causing it to reAd a fault code luckly i was at kwik fit getting steering wheel put back straight and they managed to clear the fault so far after 30 miles its been fine

This gets better so after getting back to my dads i turned on my headlights to show him
My one headlight down and now both were off. :-/ fuming wasn't the word. I was ready for giving up as i leave for Anglesey at 10am in the morning

To cut an even longer story short iv just been out to fill the car up and one of the headlights is back working so i think it could be a bad earth.

Anyone got a rough idea where the earths could be ??

Cheers

Cup In bits
The lighting loom earths are behind the passenger headlight iirc and one behind the drivers headlight too, 15mm I'm sure, maybe 13mm

Check all the fuses and unplug and plug all connections on the headlights again Incase it's a bad contact.

clio 172
The lighting loom earths are behind the passenger headlight iirc and one behind the drivers headlight too, 15mm I'm sure, maybe 13mm

Check all the fuses and unplug and plug all connections on the headlights again Incase it's a bad contact.

Your a star il give it a go in the morning cheers

clio 172
Well this weekend is one iv been working towards for ages ,trying to get the car ready. On the friday it didnt look like id be able to go due to the car playing up but luckily the engjne management light stayed off. We arrived jn Anglesey on saturday night and started to prep our selfs for the day ahead of us in the only way we thought best
View attachment 92960
View attachment 92958
View attachment 92959
Om nom nom

Sunday morning came and we set of to track. Now the last time i was on track my car was totally standard so i needed to learn the learn again ,well i was shocked. The car was amazing. Out braking everything. Out turning. Yer it may not have the straight line speed to bully evos ect but in the twisty i was all over them, i went past so many cars thst i thought id come nowhere near. My dad and step mum came down and tuck some piccys of us. Il upload them in a bit. The car performed great with no faults bar tyre scrubbing on the front which i think is mainly due to the a048s being a 50 profile. Maybe i should go to a 15 for track im not to sure yet. I did how ever ruin one tyre by locking up once thru out the day which was a shame , so need to look into getting some new ones.
So new plans for next track day

1: anti roll bar
2: roll cage
3: strip car out more
4: tyres and maybe smaller ??
5: wheel spacer 2cm
6: get the geo properly set up

All in all an amazing weekend

clio 172
Heres a quick video from the weekend the screeching noise is tyres scrubbing i forgot my spanners to raise the front up doh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37yGp95k7e4
Also started putting the car on a diet all sound deadening ect will be out at the weekend and sorting couple issues i.e my seat roling its tight but prob due to me being a right. Old fatty it rolled haha
Just ordered some cup racer handle spacers,60mm wheel spacer as felt i was stretching , new side light bulbs and bits for my cold air feed heAd light

Clio 172
Looks well, I wouldn't bother fitting a cage unless you are planning a full cage as it won't make any difference but make your car heavier.

clio 172
This is just a toy car to me and it will be a full cage. Im looking into which i want , il hardly use it on the road anyway as i have a company car to use

clio 172
Sorted some more stuff out today
2y4umesu.jpg

Got my 60mm wheel spacer as well
a3ysa6us.jpg

My dad and i are making a cold air feed headlight from my old faulty head light. Its far from finished. The filler i used today is the wrong stuff some i tuck if all of and we are starting again
Hes the piccy of it with the crap filler un finished
uvetyta8.jpg

Heres the rear
5y8e3uqy.jpg

clio 172
t-rex arms?

Car looks awesome above on track!!

Haha. I have to sit nearly all the way back so need it abit closer. Got it fitted to and it feels great. Can not drive it on the road atm as iv got a flat spot on my rear a048 so need some road wheels.

Also started taking all the carpets ect out and door cards ,

e6u4erab.jpg

aruqu4y8.jpg

Aiming to get them somthing like my mate adams clio cup race car
2u6agypu.jpg

Im also looking into poly windows il be getting the fronts made up asap but need to find a rear one

Here are adams
uhequ9yn.jpg

eretaqa5.jpg

clio 172
Fitted my new washer jets today ,loads better than standard
yzymy4am.jpg

va7u3u5y.jpg

Started to take out all excess weight inc sound deadening
u8eda5u8.jpg

Only got the passenger site done for now
My headlight cold air feed is coming on nice now
3a4ehuse.jpg

y2apu9y4.jpg

Letting the primer set then its going gloss black

clio 172
u5uhyhyn.jpg

Removed most the sound deadening and also fitted my grip tape
sevyta7e.jpg

Finished my headlight intake. Gave it a trail fit aswell
2a8ahe2u.jpg

apy8e5y9.jpg

Picking up some foamex board in a couple of nights so
I can start to Make my door cards,
Iv also removed some of the old seat mounting points
Iv also ordered a new towing eye in black so mine will be up for sale soon

y6eje6ut.jpg

New one

yte8agez.jpg

Old one thats prob going to be for sale

clio 172
Just ordered some new wing mirrors. Going to get my mate some knock me up some base plates
Hopefully get fitted at the weekend
ruhuba9y.jpg

Iv ordered the plain black ones

Heres the style im going for ,its one of the cars of here
nu2e2uhu.jpg