ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weekend/Track Car

Looking good, thats my Clio with the mirrors. They was purely experimental as I had them left over from a old project, they was ok, but the near side mirror field of view was really to small esp for circuit driving. The roll cage would also have obscured the FOV as well. The ones you have seem to have long enough stalks to prevent this.

clio 172
sunu8u2u.jpg

Today i wanted to remove the passenger airbag and also fix my horn so removed the dash and set to work. All has gone well apart from when i put the clock back in i knocked the mph needle of now its 10mph out. So soon as i can il get it sorted out , also gave the inside another quick paint
e7azepep.jpg

clio 172
Hey every one, iv not updated this for a good couple of months but the clio has gone threw some big changes :) il let the Piccys do the talking
2eny6yqu.jpg

Bought a cage ,full flocked dash,cup spoiler of a lad on here
ypyqe7ur.jpg

Stripping
3e5azavu.jpg

Cage placed in and the I sent it of for some adjustments and to be welding in :)
esumujyq.jpg

gy7e3ary.jpg

jyruhazu.jpg

My beautiful new seat :)
ne5ydu8u.jpg

3a9e7y9a.jpg

Got these from CMCompotive :) amazing quailty
4a3ama6a.jpg

Missed a couple steps but you get the picture, now have the fire extinguisher fitted, passenger seat mounted and my ace Renault sport 6 point harness
usapyrag.jpg

emu6a7a2.jpg

ygy3e5ep.jpg

dupeba2e.jpg

ryzu7yse.jpg

Jump a couple more items and this is it ready for its mot ,passed first time, I did change the number plate, two days before the mot the ecu lost its running code so had it reprogrammed by my mate ,who is a whizz with ecus :)
a8y2u3aj.jpg

u8avesa4.jpg

yhabe3yd.jpg

I'm going to be using it as an hill climb sprint car ,there is still plenty to do you get the picture, here's some Piccys of it with a couple more updates
6e3e2eqa.jpg

ebymunu8.jpg

rezujupe.jpg

a4e9ejed.jpg

Next things to be done to it are
Cup racer styler brake vents from CMCompmotive
Cup racer style door card from CMCompmotive
Fibreglass doors from CMCompmotive
Quaife diff
Lockable bonnet pins and move the unlock able ones onto front bumper
2 more sets of oz f1s with slicks and wets
Poly glass windows
Fit the front ARB bushes
Get the car properly set up
eNJOY the car :)

clio 172
a5avebyd.jpg

Nice nee bosch flat bed wipers as for some reason the last set i ordered were for left had drive :-/

Some more bits will be in the post in the morning :) updates tomo night :)

clio 172
All going well 29th of june at oulton park but before that i need poly windows,3 oz f1s ,get my front arb bushes done (saturday) service it and get it set up :-/ alot of money which atm i havent got ha ha

clio 172
3utazuse.jpg

ydyqa8a9.jpg

New fiberglass door cards arrived from CMCompasites ,im getting the wrapped in black with a gfx design on them :) will be on in a couple of weeks. Il be now selling my cup racer door handle spacers

Tommorow night I'm getting my front arb bushes changed for the black powerflex ones :) also if iv got time il get it serviced

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Moved forward massively. Looks great.

​When are the brake ducts ready and how much are they?

clio 172
Since finishing building the clio id had a problem with a couple of bits
1. The wiper arm hitting the screen and scratching it
2. The electric pull cord was well a cheap crappy one and kept spinning around at speed

Iv changed the pull cord for a nice new lifeline one and its alot better now :)
8u2u7e6a.jpg

juvy7a9u.jpg

Going to be giving the car a good clean in the morning :)

Will upload some piccys :)

clio 172
After having a couple of problems after removing my carbon canister and the tank pressurising i was told about extending the pipe with a filter on. So that was tonights quick ten min job. Seems to work fine :)

myge3a2y.jpg

Breather exit. Will be finishing of when have more time

8e5ujere.jpg

Breather pipe run yet to be zip tied in place

yra9apyb.jpg

Hidden the filter up near the tank and will secure tomorrow

Also when iv been out in the car with my gopro on iv noticed the my seat was tilting more than it should. We have put it down to moment in the runner so i have taken them of and am now in the process of remounting my seat in a fixed position :)

aradu9y5.jpg

:) also just bought 7 oz f1s for slicks and wets and some other goodies :)

clio 172
Couple new stickers from a garage that will be sorting my tyres out for me :) my dad has started vinyl wrapping cars so mine is getting my design on it within a couple weeks. :)

je5emuva.jpg

Last edited: