ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weekend/Track Car

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate. Not sure on the roof scoop - just don't think they suit the 1*2's. All personal pref ofcourse though, otherwise it's mega. :approve:

Range Rover Sport
Just read this from start to finish and 'wow' what a transformation.

Great products and lovely car!

clio 172
As my shocker has died and im awaiting the spare parts from fk I cracked on with some of my winter jobs iv got planned . First up changed the front discs as I recked the last lot on track . Once that was done I started witb my new splitter iv been designing. All fitted just needs wrapping and then il be selling these. :) also bought a yozza sport exhaust so will get this on at the weekend :)

clio 172
P
5y9a2edy.jpg

ypu7ypys.jpg

y9u8u3e4.jpg

gyzuqega.jpg

aqegy2ag.jpg

eqemuny2.jpg

clio 172
They have been cut on a router directed from a pc. Iv a couple of final adjustments to make and to tell me mate to add the attatchment holes and then they are ready. It bolts onto the sub frame in existing holes

Looking good mate, I would personally, trim the sides of the front splitter so it comes in line with the sides of the bumper, that splitter will exert about 60kg of weight at speed so make sure the bumper is secured properly as well as the splitter itself. (I looked into this previously)

Cup In bits
Looking good mate, I would personally, trim the sides of the front splitter so it comes in line with the sides of the bumper, that splitter will exert about 60kg of weight at speed so make sure the bumper is secured properly as well as the splitter itself. (I looked into this previously)

Yeah I would most likely buy one to save me bothering if it tapered into the bumpers width at the sides.

clio 172
Once again the car looks belting mark. We keep saying it but a meet up is needed mate.

Yer ha ha wellmy cars of the road over winter whilst I have some rings made ect but your more than welcome to Bob over to my dads when I'm there.

Just fitted my new yozza exhaust, made up with how it sounds and looks, iv done a db reading of my phone at 5k and it's peak was 100db now I know the iPhone isn't the best but I gets rough idea, when it's backon the road I'm going to take it to oulton park and get the to test it for me .il get some Piccys in the morning

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Aye true. Had contemplated buying a db meter from the likes of maplins but one thing after another.

clio 172
Just some updates
9a6y4yra.jpg
new cup lower arms of at the powder coaters going orange

sapynene.jpg

More bits of to get coated

remybuzy.jpg

I bought a what I thought was a good removable boss which turned out to be a fake (left) so bought a genuine lifeline unit :)

5e3eryny.jpg

Yozza sport fitted

9uhuzu5e.jpg

New batrery

uqebyse4.jpg

Lower arm bush kit for when the arms are back

2e5ubu6y.jpg

I went in on the group buy and bought the pure motorsport shifter .got it fitted today just need to make some final changes :)

na6u4ama.jpg

utavuruv.jpg

My inlets are away getting ported and matched so gave the cam cover a coat of gloss black crackle paint

Next week I should have a coiple of nice parcels
1, full set of lexan windows
2, pure motorsport air con delete kit
3, coilover parts to get them fixed inc uprated springs

The car is also going back to northwest rs to have some bits added to the cage as my fiberglass doors will be ready soon .
This is the sort of thing im getting possibly
6ubagebu.jpg

Iv got plenty more stuff to do to the car before my next outing :)

clio 172
Get some more bits sorted today with thd help from rob from here .
Managed to get my pure motorsport shifter working apart from the self center .

Also we made a start on getting the aircon out .:) just waiting for my pure motorsport aircon delete kit to turn up :)
abusasa2.jpg

u2yguba9.jpg

Tomorrow im off to demon tweeks to pick a race suit and some heat sheild .

Awesome selection of goodies!

How much did the windows set you back and what options did you go for?

Interested to see how they fit and look. I need to source some of these!

clio 172
Well iv been waiting for my coilover repair kit for well over a month from fk in Germany. Well today I gof my two parcels.one containing my new uprated springs and also my replacement adjustment spanners. Ghe second box whixh should have my dampeners in well that had exactly the same as the first box .grrrrr so got straight on the phone to Germany and asked whats happened. The bits had just not been sent even after me asking dave at fk tk double check everything was correct . Parts will now be here hopfully for the weekend but im not holding my breath. Fumming is an under statement.
On the plus side
my6uhu5y.jpg

:)
Today il hopefully rescive my pure motorsport aircon delete kit and some other goodies

clio 172
e9ybate5.jpg
emyha9eg.jpg
dedeguse.jpg
u2a9y9u2.jpg
u9udeda7.jpg
tuhy2e3e.jpg
apetagaj.jpg
ada5urej.jpg
ununu9yr.jpg
evyruhes.jpg
jy3asuje.jpg
4e2ezaby.jpg

We'll I've not updated this in a while as to be honest if fell out of love with the clio, a couple of weeks ago I got the car to Anglesey with a couple of my mates ,the weather was ment to be horrid but turned out to be great but.... My car ...was not so great ,it was my own fault really. After changing loads of things over winter and the car not being road legal or me not having an trailer or means to tow the car to get the ego setup properly I stupidly tuck it to Kwik fit near my house ,I wanted the lad to set the tracking straight as I have changed the coil over springs ect this winter and also asked him to add 2 degrees neg camber on the front, once if got back to my car after him having it for an hour I noticed the wheels did have more camber on so I was happy, my dad towed me back to my house where I washed the car and we stuck it onto an hired trailer, so when we got to Anglesey the first lap out I had a misfire but with the car not really been run for a couple months it thought it could just need running ,sure enough one more lap and it was fine but the engine man light kept flashing, the car was running ok and spoke to my mate he said ignore it , so I did, we'll once I'd let the tyres warm up and everything was going well and I started to push harder into the corners I realised I had no control during cornering , it was that bad even at low speed it would under steer horridly , after ages of playing with the tyre pressures we realise that instead of putting just 2 degrees camber on he had in fact put near on 4-5 degrees and 3 deg toe in, honestly I could not control the car, so at one o'clock I called it a day and packed up and headed home.

So now the plan was to get it road legal so I could drive it to blink Motorsport and get a full corner weight and geo setup, so I taxed and insured the car as it still had an mot on it but now if traced the miss fire fault back to two faulty injectors , I've got some on order and should have them soon so will get them fitted and see what damage has been done. The dephaser seems to be getting abit loud as we'll so I'm going to get that done and a new Cambelt soon along with some cams.

This week il be picking up my new doors so il get them fitted on Saturday as on Sunday it's having new cv boots ,oil change,gearbox change and the abs pump swaped out as it's never worked since I bought the car.

Il try to keep this updated as much as I can

clio 172
T
9y4ahehe.jpg
7ymery3e.jpg
senege7u.jpg
y7uhusa2.jpg
upamypah.jpg
yrabeny8.jpg
7equjaru.jpg
ebygyrat.jpg
usyra4a5.jpg
e3e4yju7.jpg
juhy4ude.jpg
4esynuse.jpg

Forgot to add I have had some more bars added into the cage as I was only running an single door bar ,also had the entire of the inside sprayed an really nice grey freshened it up abit :)

Car looks great! Is there any chance you could let me know how you made and fitted the splitter, it looks awesome!

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
What happened on Sunday then? Didn't get chance to stop, had to get home

clio 172
What happened on Sunday then? Didn't get chance to stop, had to get home

I didnt enter pal . But as I was leaving my pure motorsport shifter hit the floor and pulled the circlip out again.had to get the rac to come put it back in.im just at my mates unit with the car now got sone bits to fix and replace as iv booked on at Blyton on easter monday :).