ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird noise :S

Nothing at the mo :(
right il try my best to describe it lol

You get the noise if your go over bumps *not always*
Also if you slightly apply throttle then take it of and the apply it again *like the car rocks slightly or the exhaust gets wiggled about*

The noise is not a bump or a thud.. It sounds like metal on metal either clanging or scraping each other :s

Yozz'd up 182
Manifold on bay? could be engine mounts if its when you let off.

Edit: Or could be exhaust on the sheild if you have changed that recently.

Dont belive its engine mounts cause mine are pretty solid still as i checked them the other week..

It not a thud.. its like a light scratch/scraping noise.. i thought it might be on exhaust on something...

Last edited:
  Yozz'd up 182
Check the exhaust mounts? reknown for going? the centre one could be gone and causing the cat to rub?

checked all mounts yesterday... it changed back to a standard exhaust abot 3 weeks ago.. i dunno how long its been doing it for, only noticed yesterday..

Also had standard springs put back on 1 week ago.. but it dont sound suspension related

Yozz'd up 182
The only thing i could think of is to get under the car and see how much movement there is in the exhaust and see if you can see anything that would be scraping/catching.

Could even be marks on the zorst that would make it easier to see where its rubbing.

if it is exhaust related il just leave it lol. its getting taken of the road end of june anyways for some extreme modding so exhaust will be changed anways :p