ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well... It's yellow!

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Not sure why I'm posting this on here, I'm sure there's no love for it, and ill probably lose 'cool points' but there we are..

Couple days ago a nice little 172 came up for sale on here and I really fancied another rs clio to tinker with!

my daily 307 was a comfy car and had no faults but it was just beyond boring, trying to keep the miles off the scoob I decided to chop the 307 in and go buy it, waiting for the seller to message me back some details.. To find out some one else had swooped in and taken it, gutted...

Having sold my 307 for the asking price to a lovely Latvian family, I needed to find a new (cheap) daily to get to work in asap.. It had to be small enough to chuck about down B roads, comfy enough for 20 mile daily commute, nice enough to look at and easy to photograph, cheap to fix up and most importantly my misses had to like it.....

So we get to the car... This came up locally for the massive sum of...

£400
1.4 kseries
12 months mot
103k miles, new engine with lower miles (can't remember exact, paperwork is in the car) new head gaskets
It rattles
It's slow
It's got a sub and amp that don't seem to work the headunit is awful!
6x9s in the parcel shelf that do work when turning left, but don't when turning right..
It's a 3 door with 5 door seats that don't tilt to allow entry to the back seats (have to slide it forward)
1 tyre is on the limit so I've already ordered 4 new t1rs...
And it's yellow!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It's got dents, scrapes, rust, and it needs some tlc, but it's cheap and cheerful, it stops and starts and it's cheap to mess about with!

I'm not going to spend a lot on it, my main plans are

New interior
New wheels (staying 15" just some with a lower offset) - tyres already ordered
Fix the rattles
And hoon the f**k out of it haha

As said not everyone's taste and I expect no love, just don't hate too hard..

Updates soon!

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Typical replies..

I should state it's not my car.. I'm just using it to get to work!

It's for my misses who's not long passed her test and she loves it! It's a bit of fun for many cheaps!

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
If you set it on fire yeh^

:) as I said in the first post I expected no love, but it's project to tinker with and everyone is happy!

Tyres should be here tomorrow! Looking for a nice set of black with yellow insert half leather seats

Sony headunit from my clio to go in and sort out some dodgy speaker wiring

Cheers

Peugeot 308
I think I'd have stuck with the 307 lol.

Sorry, but I'd rather catch a bus/train/hitchhike to work then use that.

Good luck!

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
I don't know why there is so much hate, I think they are quite cool little cars for the money and from what I've read they are not too bad to drive either.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Get ready for the electrics to royally ruin your drive in.

They are NOT cool in any way Mork... Not even the 160bhp version.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
It's a cool little car, it is what it is, cheap

It's makes the misses happy and that's all that matters to me..

It's not my first choice, infact I can't say I've ever wanted one, but it has bags of character and it doesn't matter if it breaks! It's her first car and what ever comes of it will be worth it

Anyways, fitted the tyres today, which has made a massive difference, matching fresh rubber FTW

Also fitted the Sony headunit I had saved from my clio, aux and USB are handy for spotify!

Hopefully have new interior soon, I'll take before and after shots!

Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can see absolutely no reason to buy one of them. Especially in yellow. It's like you're trying to stand out for driving a s**t car.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a car snob, my car is a turd, but that really is awful.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I away a had a soft spot for the Rovers and really do miss my old 420GSi Turbo. I was never a fan of the ZR when it came out but they are cheap (to buy) and the K16 can be tuned up far cheaper than the F4 can.

Shame it'll never get any of that though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I away a had a soft spot for the Rovers and really do miss my old 420GSi Turbo. I was never a fan of the ZR when it came out but they are cheap (to buy) and the K16 can be tuned up far cheaper than the F4 can.

Shame it'll never get any of that though.
My parents had a white 416GTi. I f**king loved that car. I used to drive round in it when I was 16 and they were on holiday! Lol

Later in life I had a coupe 220, turbo 220 coupe, and 2 218VVC coupes. I do like an old school rover.
Always wanted a 220 GSI turbo hatchback but never found one.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
My parents had a white 416GTi. I f**king loved that car. I used to drive round in it when I was 16 and they were on holiday! Lol

Later in life I had a coupe 220, turbo 220 coupe, and 2 218VVC coupes. I do like an old school rover.
Always wanted a 220 GSI turbo hatchback but never found one.

I always wanted a 216GTi with Honda lump up front. They were perfect for B18/H22 conversions.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Lol cheers all...

I'm not bothered about the hate for it, it's a work in progress and the misses loves it!

Yep there are better cars out there but this is what she wanted and I'm having fun messing about with it, won't be for a long time but an engine swap is definitely on the cards, for now we are just tidying it up for cheap

Ordering some bright headlight bulbs, the standards are very dim and yellow!

Clio, Nova, Astra
Fair play i have looked at the ZS one of these a few times just cba fixing them lol.

Crack on pal good luck with it

RB Clio 182
My missus had a facelift model years a go. Tbh they go ok for a 1.4 and the handling isn't the worse.

The interiors are s**t tho, they have a nice growl with a cone on, you have to be in the right gear to get up a hill tho.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
It's a work in progress but I managed to pick up my new interior, fitted the passenger seat yesterday and heading out to do the rest now.. Pics when I'm done, massive improvement!

Cheers all

2014 Clio 200t edc
I drove a v6 zs and it was a lovely car. I've never been a fan of the zr's although I did look into them at one point.
As a work in progress this is good. Keep on with it, as if it makes the missus happy then your happy.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
So.. Interior..

Before, during, and after..

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Much much better, the drivers seat does have a bit of wear n tear but they are a million times comfier, they have lumbar adjustment and height adjustment which the old seats didn't have

Got the front, rears, door cards, steering wheel, and headliner for £50.. Need to fit the new headliner and steering wheel soon, adding some yellow trim to the door cards before fitting also..

So far so good :D