ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well my 182 has gone, but now I own a R27

It was quite sad knowing that the old girl would be going, but I had one final blast on the way up to Basingstoke to pick up the R27.

Turned off the M3, on the way back to Portsmouth and took the A272 route (those in the know this is a nice road) - It is superb around the bends, so planted, steering is amazing and that is coming from someone who was offended when he found out, when the 197 was first released that it didn't have hydraulic steering.

I got the car for a fantastic price and a bloody good trade in on the Cup.

Last pic of my Racing Blue 182 Cup :(

myphoto6.jpg

First pic of my Ultra Red R27 197 :)

myphoto7.jpg

Where's Chris (ukaskew) when you need some decent photos taken??

Mini Cooper S sport
Looks lovely!

Which dealer was that from? I heard an ad for 0% deals on all Meganes today and thought I might investigate..

Less
good for you, but for me 182 then a V6
the new clio just aint all that for me, no "ohh down the spine" feeling!

Formally Clio 182
I know that garage.

Martins in Basingstoke. That's where I got mine.

Why go there from Portsmouth may i ask?

"I know that garage. Martins in Basingstoke. That's where I got mine. Why go there from Portsmouth may i ask?"

Reason being, by driving 45 miles I got the car for a helluva lot cheaper (we're talking thousands) than what Sewards of Portsmouth wanted to sell me the same car for.

I would say if you are looking for a good deal, get on the renaultsport.co.uk forum, there's a fair few dealers, dotted around the country, who post on the "dealer sales" section of the forum, offering cracking deals. Although Martins did offer the best deal at the time of ordering (Sept 20th) - the car was a factory order too.

Roll on the weekend when I can actually get to drive it properly!

Golf R
good to see you got it... pretty quick delivery time too as well :D

look forward to reading your thoughts on yours once you have some miles under it's belt

ST
Mine is coming up for 3k and its running very nicely indeed...

Have you been 'running' it in properly?

ST
Have you been 'running' it in properly?

Renault 'properly' or forum advised 'properly'? ;)

it's feeling quicker than i remember the demonstrator being when i test drove it :D

As in giving it a good thrashing at least once a day, normal driving basically when its up to temp...

Up and down the rev range in all gears, none of this no revving over 3500k for the 1st 500 miles or whatever...

look forward to reading your thoughts on yours once you have some miles under it's belt

Yeh it came a week early (was due week starting 5th November.)

Loving the fuel economy! ;) 23.9mpg currently.
Heh heh.

Turbo LY R27
im lookin at gettin an r27, gonna search the country for one on monday on my day off. what trade in price did you get for your 182?

Golf R

Heh heh.

it gets better... i used my first tank (compliments of my dealer) in about 3 days... currently getting 29ish mpg i think

ST

Heh heh.

it gets better... i used my first tank (compliments of my dealer) in about 3 days... currently getting 29ish mpg i think

Yep around 29mpg here too mostly local/town driving, tho it will rise to the mid 30's on the motorway, poss late 30's on a long motorway run so pretty much the same as my old 182..

Clio 197 F1R27
hiya,

picked up my r27 4 weeks ago after having a 172 cup
best think i did worth every penny !

got it in red too, just put all the renault sport carbon kit on too finish the car off nicely.
No someone in renault and got a friend and family pack saved f*** loads

Turbo LY R27
im lookin at gettin an r27, gonna search the country for one on monday on my day off. what trade in price did you get for your 182?

speak to Steve@Allvehicles - www.allvehicles.co.uk - he has one left, currently fully specced in LY but it can be tweaked as it hasnt been built yet. Plus he'll give you a fair price for yours in p/ex too :)

Tell him i sent you as well ;)
cheers mate thats a graet help, im desperate to get one, bit worried about a deposit as it willl bea max of about 500 but they should use my 182 as a deposite shouldnt they?