ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wests 172 Cup Progress Thread

DCi 80 DieselSport
When I left for work the posty still hadn't been mate so I'll have to get them changed over later tonight....

Audi A5
Liking the cup pal and like the mod list your after. Defo should put some tb or an rs-2 mani on their, as you say your last toy before you get a sensible car.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Liking the cup pal and like the mod list your after. Defo should put some tb or an rs-2 mani on their, as you say your last toy before you get a sensible car.

Yea keep looking at the RS2 as it's a bit more oem and cheaper too. Listened to some YouTube videos and the induction noise is epic too!

Fabia VRS
Yeah p/x'n the clio :)
im thinking of getting the VRS mapped, any ideas for places or people to do it?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Yep got the BTB fitted Friday afternoon, is an awsome exhaust! Exactly what i wanted :)

You were going to buy this cup? Wasn't aware it was advertised as Adam approached me asking to do a deal with the DCI

he approached me when i was selling the 1.2, almost had a deal but he changed his mind. Im happy with my flamer now tbh! :)

Discounted 1*2 parts
he approached me when i was selling the 1.2, almost had a deal but he changed his mind. Im happy with my flamer now tbh! :)

Ah yea he did say, apparently he thought it was a 16v not an 8v which is why he pulled out.

Gotta love a flamer ;)

Discounted 1*2 parts
Right, a small update and a few changes to the original plans....

Exterior:
Bilstein B14 coilovers
Pure motorsport solid top mounts
Whiteline ARB
172 black insert xenons
Silvervision indicator bulbs
Debadge Renault sport badge
Dewiper
Replace Clio badge with new style 200 badge
Carbon bullets
Trophy spoiler
BMW boot struts
3/4 front plate

Interior:
Bimarco futura seats
3" 4 point harnesses (blue)
False floor
Half cage
Flocked dash
Alcantara roof lining
Flocked dash inserts etc in blue
Sabelt steering wheel
Momo boss
Gloss black speedo surround

Engine:
Stone automotive RS2
TDF remap
Redtop battery relocated under seat
BTB stealth exhaust

Exterior:
Eibach sportline custom springs - ordered
Pure motorsport solid top mounts
Whiteline ARB
172 black insert xenons
Silvervision indicator bulbs
Debadge Renault sport badge
Dewiper
Replace Clio badge with new style 200 badge
Carbon bullets
3/4 front plate - fitted
15mm spacers - to be fitted
Kam racing stud conversion with blue nuts - to be fitted

Interior:
Alcantara roof lining
Sabelt steering wheel
Momo boss

Engine:
TDF remap
BTB stealth exhaust - fitted

Decided I don't want to be spending twice the cars value on big modifications that I won't see a return on, and to save the money for another deposit on a house lol

Obviously if things come up second hand at good prices I could be persuaded as I'm more likely to see the money back when sold on!

Pics to come next weekend once springs, spacers and stud conversion are fitted

Discounted 1*2 parts
Purchased a set of Eibach sportlines with a difference. Copied and pasted from the for sale advert....

The springs were brand new from Ktec, and were proffessionally turned down using molten lead bath and digital gauges for accuracy. They were then re powdercoated in metallic satin silver.

The springs were originally purchased by JamesT87 for his trophy but he upgraded to AST's so thought they would be perfect for my needs.

I'm happy to report that they sit pretty much perfectly for my liking (maybe a little low at the rear, but that is only and excuse to strip the rear and loose some weight!). The ride is a little harder than standard but still perfectly acceptable :)

Anyway here are a few (dirty) pics from my driveway. As soon as the weather brightens up I will get some more.

Tried to fit the rarerims stud conversion, but fucked it up royally lol so threw them in the bin :( Not sure it really needs the 15mm spacers I have, any opinions?

P1020214.jpg

P1020222.jpg

P1020220.jpg

P1020219.jpg

P1020216.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm looks good as it is mate although spacers might give it a bit meaner of a stance.

If you decide you don't want the ones you have though ill probably have them off you if there decent.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Ended up stripping the thread on the nuts and couldn't get the studs to fit properly

Will trial fit the spacers and see what I prefer

Discounted 1*2 parts
Looks lovely Tom!

Looks brilliant Tom.

Cheers guys

Had a weekend up in Manchester and thought I'd make the most of the roads in the Peak District whilst I was in the area. Drove the Snake Pass from Stockport to Sheffield and the Cat and Fiddle from Macclesfield to Buxton amongst others! Car handled very well. A little bumpier than standard but not unbearable!

Having driven 650 miles in 4 days, it has really made me realise how much I miss having a turbo for low range power! Even the DCI turbo would pull you up to speed on a motorway or round a bend on a back road. Would quite like the cup to have a bit more grunt low down....

Discounted 1*2 parts
Ok so some small plans for the coming weekends:

• Silvervision bulbs front and rear
  • Paint upper/lower grilles satin black
  • Paint rear bumper insert/fog surrounds satin black
  • Paint calipers - not sure on black or silver??
  • Remove rear wiper assmebly
  • Debadge and replace 'Clio' badge with new 200 style badge

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
If u change your mind pm me ill be buying a cup when I return from holiday in 3 weeks after the demise of my ph1 and your car looks perfect.

Discounted 1*2 parts
did the same on the back of mine with regards to the badges. looks so much better!!

Put the 200 badge on my cup this week & it looks so much better.

Car is looking very nice.

Cheers :) yes the 200 badge just looks a lot more fresh and modern, cleans the boot up.

Keep looking at thinking it doesn't look completely straight but I've a spirit level on it and its bang on!

Discounted 1*2 parts
Got a set of xenons for the 172 cup coming next week and want to correct them before fitting. Where is the best place to buy 1200/1500 grit wet/dry paper from?

Been into Halfords/B&Q etc and they only seem to go down as low as 400/800

Discounted 1*2 parts
Screwfix or Tool Station may sell it.

Sure I saw some 1500 wet n dryin the Bedford halfrauds the other day!??!

Cheers will have a look once I'm back from holiday!

Looks very tidy with the new badge, I do like the way the 172 bumper is so clean looking without the exhaust recesses of a 182.

Cheers, always preferred the recessed exhaust but now am glad I have a stealth - much cleaner!