ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wests 172 Cup Progress Thread

Discounted 1*2 parts
So the DCI sport has gone to a new owner and has been part exchanged with this lovely 172 cup. Visually looks in very good condition, will be getting it up on the ramp at work soon to be 100% sure everything is mechanically sound. Drives nice and tight so I am presuming all is in order.

She comes with full service history and a recent cambelt change with Danny @ 519. MOT recently passed with no advisories.

Not quite sure which route I want to take just yet as I am in 2 minds.

Part of the reason for selling the diesel was to having something standard and comfortable as a daily driver again, but the other reason for selling was to have 1 final toy before having to get something 'sensible' for the future!

If I go down the standard route, it will be getting the likes of OEM shocks & Eibach sportlines etc. If I went down the 'toy' route I'd be looking at Bilstein coilovers, cams and possibly TDF throttle bodies......

Either route I take the car will be getting the following:
  • Whiteline ARB
  • Pure motorsport solid top mounts
  • 172 xenons (black inserts)
  • Flocked dash
  • Alcantara roof lining and A/B/C pillars
  • Sabelt steering wheel
  • Yozza exhaust
Couple of pics from the weekends deal with the DCI

P1020145.jpg

P1020146.jpg

P1020142.jpg

P1020140-1.jpg

182 track, Mk7 ST
Looks good mate and you've already got a good list planned. Did I not read in the DCi thread you were after an STi Impreza though? Bit different lol

Discounted 1*2 parts
  Discounted 1*2 parts
Which route should I take with it?

Go balls out and create something awesome, or save my money and keep it OEM? I know I would love to go down the TB route but just a little worried I would never see the money back?

Are TB's something that can (relatively) easily be removed and sold on, or once there on the car are they there for good?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Stick with just the mods from the OP. Maybe add some lowering springs or coilovers if it was me.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I remember it now, was a bit longer ago than I thought but just had a look through records.

Which route should I take with it?

Go balls out and create something awesome, or save my money and keep it OEM? I know I would love to go down the TB route but just a little worried I would never see the money back?

Are TB's something that can (relatively) easily be removed and sold on, or once there on the car are they there for good?

ITB kit I sell/fit is 100% reversible with no wires cut anywhere. Take you for a spin in mine if you want. It's got Spax coilovers fitted too ;)

DCi 80 DieselSport
Awwww you guuuuys! Cheers Leeroy, remember meeting at manic motors?

Tom - if you get ITB's I'll have to have a drive. It's the law ;)

Ill start the new thread for the DieselSport at the weekend....

Discounted 1*2 parts
I remember it now, was a bit longer ago than I thought but just had a look through records.

ITB kit I sell/fit is 100% reversible with no wires cut anywhere. Take you for a spin in mine if you want. It's got Spax coilovers fitted too ;)

Sounds good Dan, might have to take you up on that offer ;)

Awwww you guuuuys! Cheers Leeroy, remember meeting at manic motors?

Tom - if you get ITB's I'll have to have a drive. It's the law ;)

Ill start the new thread for the DieselSport at the weekend....

Lol where is this law then..... ;)

Discounted 1*2 parts
  172 Cup
The cup looks nice tom! OE route route for the win ;) lol.

Yozza should be very noice, im looking forward to some updates from you on this sir!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Balls out toy is my vote. Exactly what I'm doing on the flamer.

So far done the Bilsteins, 438 cams and edging ever closer to the ITB's. Do it, you know you want to!

Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Clio
Definatley itb's, you don't tend to loose much money on them either, when you decide to sell put it back to standard and the tb's tend to sell for not a great deal less than Market value

Trafic 140dci
Looks good, i do love a nice cup, you'll have to have a nose around mine tomorrow, i'm sure that will convince you to go down the ITB route, especially when you hear it ;)