ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet passenger footwell - windscreen seal?

(Posted this in the Exterior/Bodywork forum last week to barely any responce, hoping for more here! :) )

My passenger footwell is wet and so is the bulkhead (correct term?) at the back of it running up behind the dash. Part of the windscreen seal directly in front of this area is visibly loose for 10cm or so, so I'm assuming this is the culprit.

Now, how much is this going to cost to fix and where should I get the work done?

Thanks for any advice.

Chocolate Bar™
i'd say that's probably going to be the cause. hit the windscreen with a hammer and put a big crack in it, then get it changed on your windscreen excess for 50/75quid.

LY 182
the trim round the outside isnt the seal, its just trim,, the seal is the glue that holds it to the body which isnt visible from the outside

the passenger footwell is either the bonnet release gromet loose or a door seal i reckon

the trim round the outside isnt the seal, its just trim,, the seal is the glue that holds it to the body which isnt visible from the outside

the passenger footwell is either the bonnet release gromet loose or a door seal i reckon

Cheers. Although the trim is not the seal I'm pretty sure the seal is not perfect. Ever since I bought the car theres been a whistling noise when driving over 60mph which increases with speed. Hav'nt always had this damp problem mind.

I'll investigate the bonnet release gromet and door seal as best I can.

Middo - I don't really want to attack my windscreen!