ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What’s it worth

Well, my mind is in full swing thinking about possiblities and cunning ways to get my grubby paws on a Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo and it looks like Ill be going over to the dark side in January, when my insurance runs out.

Question is: how much should I expect for my Valver? Just want some feedback now, so that my future "for sale" thread doesnt get bogged down with discussion!

A lot of you have seen it and know its pretty much one of the mintest and original looking in the club - its even got the factory leather and pearlescent paint too. Apart from that, it also has a history folder thats thicker than my Haynes manual (seriously) and all receipts to show things like oil changes every 3k miles, refurbished wheels and a new windscreen because I hated one small chip in it. Despite the fact the engine has also been breathed on, I also drive it at 55mph most places to avoid getting stone chips on the immaculate paintwork!

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/286000-286999/286766_25_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/286000-286999/286766_22_full.jpg

Its basically a rebuilt car, but I was wondering how much notice punters would take of the 103k miles it has on the clock? (I would argue you wont find a Valver in this nick no matter what the miles). The other slightly daft thing is that the car is a Phase2, but on a very late L-reg - like three weeks before M-reg :confused:

I was thinking of asking £3,500+ for it and sticking pretty rigidly to it as Im crap at haggling - but what do you reckon?

I know people dont pay much more for them, but it also has some very smart interior bits (like a £150 steering wheel), ICE and a mountain of spare parts.

I would ask over 3500 for it,

check the autotrader and for sale papers etc, for a rough price to ask for it if your still not sure, apart from it being mint its got leather too, so thats an extra 3- 400 quid i guess.

Another thing is from the photos i can see its mint, not like the poo i looked at,:mad: before i got mine, which were still top dollar prices!

You shouldnt have any problem selling it

problem is, all cars go through a dip in the market where they are worth nothing, and i wouldnt pay more than 2-2.5K for any top valver, simply because there are so many about......and getting a 1k one and doinga few odd jobs seems more appealing.

plus, i couldnt handle a mint car......id get bored of cleaning! lol

i agree with ben about the buying a cheaper car that needs work...hands dirty kind of work ;). in a perverse way sort of makes you wish in that respect that you had treated it like sh*t!

but ive recently checked out autotrader, you can get valvers for as little as 1.5k and are advertised up to 4k - youd prob find a buyer in the upper 3s for your condition of car

ben

its worth watever someone will pay mate

had loads of ppl saying mine was mint blah blah blah but it was hard selling, not saying mine is in beter nick then urs but it is 2 years newer with less mileage too and i struggled, but i guess if u wanted £3500 it would sel quick 4 k for a longer sale depends how badly u want the money