ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are you all chatin about

I have read the majority of the posts......? I amazed at the lack of knowledge going around regarding the differences between clios 172, 172cup and clio 182?? especially if you own one? The cup easily beats the two others in a head to head, with a 0-60mph nearly half a second faster then the 182 and nealry 1 second faster than the 172 standard. Top end speed the cars are split by 1mph, with the 182 139mph the highest, but if you trully want to compare the cars performance against each other then you would need to time the cars individually around a specified circuit, thus giving the Cup a clear victory for its acceleration is far superior to that of the 182 and 172 stnd. I have owned my cup for a while now (i bought it from solihull wer sum of you were on about before - good deal actually) and have many a performance car try and screw me atthe lights but it never happens.... The cup is always quicker, i kept up with one of the new scoobys until 4th gear and he eventually pulled from me.... but not alot quiker. Ive also demolished V5 golfs and 306 GTi6s. The cup is a performance car only.... and is for the like minded petrol head, it doesnt have any of the lovely goodies 182 and 172 stnd hold, but hey its what you want out of a car. the clios all have alot of tuning potential due to the size of their engines and light bodies so go buy a superchip n force some cold air into your manifolds and start chasing cossies! va va voom....

Volvo S60 T5

Welcome m8, you have started something now!! pmsl

Check you post tommorow, its gona be a long one! lol;)

Oh you wana race me at the end of the year, we will c who is fastest then!

172, Tiguan

LMFAO! :D

This is brilliant. Cant wait to read this in the morning.

Comedy on ClioSport

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 12 May 2004

Welcome m8, you have started something now!! pmsl

Check you post tommorow, its gona be a long one! lol

Oh you wana race me at the end of the year, we will c who is fastest then!
No please race me!:p

its gona be long and locked by the morning!

Sweepstake time....

Place your bets as to who will lock this thread....

Lee M

Tomclio182

_KDF

James

Jas

Whoever i forgot - Daz

im goin for James! ;)

[Edited by ClioDan on 12 May 2004 at 12:57am]

GR7

Shiny red R32

Why lock it? A bit cowardly isnt it! Theres nothing wrong with a healthy discussion ;)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by marc172cup on 12 May 2004

I have read the majority of the posts......?

What all 500,000 of them?

I amazed at the lack of knowledge going around regarding the differences between clios 172, 172cup and clio 182?? especially if you own one?

We can all read brochures mate :)

The cup easily beats the two others in a head to head, with a 0-60mph nearly half a second faster then the 182 and nealry 1 second faster than the 172 standard.

No it doesnt.

Top end speed the cars are split by 1mph, with the 182 139mph the highest, but if you trully want to compare the cars performance against each other then you would need to time the cars individually around a specified circuit, thus giving the Cup a clear victory for its acceleration is far superior to that of the 182 and 172 stnd.

What circuits have you done, and what do you base this upon?

I have owned my cup for a while now (i bought it from solihull wer sum of you were on about before - good deal actually) and have many a performance car try and screw me atthe lights

sorry dont know any circuits with lights

but it never happens.... The cup is always quicker, i kept up with one of the new scoobys until 4th gear and he eventually pulled from me.... but not alot quiker. Ive also demolished V5 golfs and 306 GTi6s. The cup is a performance car only.... and is for the like minded petrol head, it doesnt have any of the lovely goodies 182 and 172 stnd hold, but hey its what you want out of a car. the clios all have alot of tuning potential due to the size of their engines and light bodies

so go buy a superchip

now Im really laughing!

n force some cold air into your manifolds and start chasing cossies! va va voom....

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Your first post was almost perfect, but you should have stated that you toasted the Impreza from the lights up to 145 then your windup would have been complete!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Why have some people become defensive at the original message and want the post locking? The guy hasnt done anything wrong has he?

:confused:

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 12 May 2004

Why have some people become defensive at the original message and want the post locking? The guy hasnt done anything wrong has he?

No he hasnt done anything wrong - good debate!

Mr2 Roadster

Girlracer have you actually read it and thought about what he has written?!?!?

Or do you too know f**k all about 172, 182, Cup Variants?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I agree with Marc172cup the Cup is faster than the 172/182, what better praise could I give it but say its almost as quick as a williams.;):D

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 12 May 2004

Girlracer have you actually read it and thought about what he has written?!?!?

Or do you too know f**k all about 172, 182, Cup Variants?

Put ya dummy back in;)

He is blatantly trying to start an argument!

And hes chatting bollox

"i kept up with one of the new scoobys until 4th gear and he eventually pulled from me"

lol it was proven the other night there is f**k all between the 182/cup why wont people just deal with it they aint that much faster than each other at all

the responce to this is just typical of this site

why have a topic locked ? just dont read it anymore if you dont like it, and the "mods" on this site are on some kind of sad power trip.

You have to toe the line on here, never having an opinion that some people wont agree with, or youll get the usual muppets "ganging" up on you and crying like bitches to the jobs-worth mods

You can have a laugh very well on here, as everything is taken deadly serious

Clio v6

James here, but sadly not to the rescue.

His post does seem like a wind up. It is so obvious I am shocked that anyone actually replied.

Coming on here spouting "The Cup is far superior" is plainly stupid, and bound to get peoples backs up. Of course you are welcome to your opinion, but please try to back this up by a small a mount of fact.

ianC.

We do all have a lot of laughs on here and it is seldom serious. People are not policed by power hungry mods. Most of us are just mature enough to post in a sensible manner, which may bore a childish mind.

This post is typical of the kind which does get closed as many of you have already suggested it should be.

"I wonder how long this one will last"

;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 12 May 2004

He is blatantly trying to start an argument!

And hes chatting bollox

"i kept up with one of the new scoobys until 4th gear and he eventually pulled from me"

Maybe he did keep up with him!! The Scooby driver might have been teasing him. A friend of ours with a Supra torments lads who challenge him, by kidding them on that they can keep up with them, and then he puts his foot down and they become little dots in his mirror!! :D

Rangerover Supercharged

Hey Girl Racer I agree, I have on many occasions let slower cars get side by side to me in the powerband and then put the foot to the floor and said goodbye, much more satisfiying than just blasting away from slower cars at full pelt.

Focus ST

Quote: Originally posted by poundrick on 12 May 2004

Hey Girl Racer I agree, I have on many occasions let slower cars get side by side to me in the powerband and then put the foot to the floor and said goodbye
What like 172s and 182s?!;)