ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What can I do next?

Cammed 182 :)
Ok so my car now has ktech panel filter ( I ditched the viper), Matched inlets,428 cams,full rs192 system inc decat & remap. I am looking to see what i can do next for some more ponys;) I dont want the problems assosiated with boost on a engine that was never designed to be done. Throttle bodies seem huge cost per bhp. what other options do i have?

03 RS clio 172 flameR
Thing with ITB's that alot of people dont see is that its not about BHP, thats irrelivent in this situation, they are all about how they deliver the power! find someone on here with um done who would take you for a spin, then make your mind up, they are epic.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
ITB's and a standalone ECU

Trackday... and agreed with the LSD comment below

Last edited:
  silver clio 182
Ur pretty much there on engine mods next step would be itbs if you dont wantt to go down that road look at other ways of making it quicker the handlng loose some unsprung weight get a LSD fitted if you want to have a quick clio then unfortuneately spending on itbs or forced induction is ur next step if ur just after a quick car then cut your losses and swap the clio for something faster.

Cammed 182 :)
What problems let me see tranmision, longevity of the engine overheating i have had 2 turbos before you will always get more issues than with a n/a setup.
Im not interested in ITB,s too much outlay for too little. What im looking for is possibly ported head or somting like that has any 1 had that done?

Cheers 4 replies.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
Ur pretty much there on engine mods next step would be itbs if you dont wantt to go down that road look at other ways of making it quicker the handlng loose some unsprung weight get a LSD fitted if you want to have a quick clio then unfortuneately spending on itbs or forced induction is ur next step if ur just after a quick car then cut your losses and swap the clio for something faster.

totally agreed, i woundnt have even spent the money on cams in all honestly. but would work mint with ITB's if you got them. but yes other than that or boost, your done for power agains really.

DMS

A thirsty 172
What problems let me see tranmision, longevity of the engine overheating i have had 2 turbos before you will always get more issues than with a n/a setup.
Im not interested in ITB,s too much outlay for too little. What im looking for is possibly ported head or somting like that has any 1 had that done?

Cheers 4 replies.

I've never had an issue myself. I suppose it depends how you look after the car and whether or not you have any mechanical sympathy for it. It'll also depend who does the work, since some would rather spend money getting it done professionally, others would rather do it themselves to save a few quid.
That's not to say I won't get problems at some point but it annoys me when everybody goes round preaching that cars with aftermarket turbo kits fitted are unreliable when they don't necessarily have to be.