ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What could be pulling my PH1 172 engine outta line??

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
So got a new upper engine mount for my Ph1 as a few know, it was currently going to be the run around but have now decided to turn my Ph2 172 ( 184.5 :rasp: ) back to standard form & modify the fook outta the PH1 for track use :evil: ...

So heres the prob :

DSC00546.jpg

I've manged to unbolt the mount & move it around abit but it still aint right though :

DSC00552.jpg

I've pulled the engine forward & it does shift but as soon as i let go it goes back... Now my guess would be that one of the lower mounts is of some where so was gonna strip it all down at the weekend but before i start just wondered if any one else has had a similar prob.. will save a few hours head scratching lol

James
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Jamesstone2004/DSC00552.jpg

ITB'd MK1
the buffer inside the mount looks like it's worn right away on 1 side. Renault wont sell them separately so it's a new mount or find a good used buffer piece from someone. Looks like the mount has seen better days anyway to be honest

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Yep its well fooked, have got a whole new uppermount form a scrappy, well it looks brand new anyway :D , so will putting the new mount in just sort it? just seems like its not sitting right :S may just try fitting the new one saturday & see what its like then

is the mount itself still intact - not split in two? it looks completely shot - the base plate is pushed in in the bottom photo, but the mount is still way too far back

should be possible to get alignment by slackening the other mounts and hufting it about if it's the same problem with the new mount - unless there's something up with the shell/subframe?

ITB'd MK1
if in doubt, get the new mount in place, then slacken off the bolts/nuts on the other mounts, give the engine a bit of a rock, then do it all up nice and tight again :)

RS RIP
You did ofcourse support the engine when mounting ? (would'nt know any other way..)

Trie and do the BenP wat; loossen all top mounts left+ right and pull the engine forwards as far as possible and retighten. Do'nt know if this will lign things up for you :S

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Cheers for the input guys, will slacken all the mounts & fit the new one then & hopefully it will sort its self out, hopefully sub frame is all good, looks fine from under the car, the whole car was cheap anyway - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=361858

To be honest the mount looks totally fooked so i'm pretty sure its just that, fingers crossed any way lol

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
You did ofcourse support the engine when mounting ?

Havent removed that one yet mate, just loosend the bolts on the mount & tried shifting it a round but no joy.. Will get the new mount on this weekend hopefully & go from there ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Sorted ;)

Decided to start it tonight, So, supported the engine & started to remove the mount.. to my horror it had completly snapped, old next to the newish one

DSC00596.jpg

Cambelt was looking good :)

DSC00597.jpg

So then i loosened off the gearbox mount & gave the engine a good f**king rock & bolted it all together...

DSC00598.jpg

Walla :approve:

Just gotta go for a spin tomorrow & hopefully that was making it feel nasty to drive, engine is nice & solid now ;)

Thanks for the input guys

James