ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What discs for a 1.216v

The 1.2 is going on its 3rd track outing on the 30th of Jan so want to avoid brake fade after two laps..

I like them Tarox ones, with 40 grooves..is there a fitment for my car?

I would like to get the k-tec fastroad kit but the discs are drilled and im dubious about who makes them..hi spec?

Any recommendations helpful..

Cheers,

-Rob

Yeah ive looked at the tarox site..they only do 172 discs for the Mk2s. Shame. Looks like im going with k-tec.

Cheers

-Rob

Lionel Richie

Rob they dont need to be specific 1.2 16V discs!!!!

our cars use clio Williams/valver discs (259mm) with R5GTT pads

Im running Brembo Max discs (grooved) i can get them at cost price too (mate works at French German Welsh car parts)

what the bleeding eck for?

Its a 1.2, braking is minimal and you know it, std plain discs and pads are no problem for my car on a multitude of tracks.

Just give your car a good proper bleed with GOOD fluid (castrol respose super DOT 4 synthetic is all youll need track and rd) and spend a few quid on some ducting for your wheel arches.

If your getting fade from 1.2 speeds the id reccomend, along with the clerk of the course, NOT stopping before each corner.

Dunno how you justify spending 140 quid on discs alone, besides understanding that discs play a minimal part in fade.

Tarox do sell 259mm 40 groove discs, I had a set of them on my 1.4. Dont bother with the Red Dot ones, I had a set of those and they were warped when I got them, also not as nicely made as the Tarox discs.

You also get a ClioSport discount from Tarox.