ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you feed your 172/182's

LY 200
Iv been treating mine to the super stuff since iv had it but looking at the price differences between normal and super im beggining to think is it worth it.

What's your opinions?? Is the better stuff that much better for the engine and worth the extra dollar??

Jay

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Evo did a great article on fuel in the car of the year issue,they reckon it is worth the extra few pence.
However living in Dubai i don't have that problem,lol.... less than 95p a gallon for super unleaded.

182 and 5 GTT
Ive always used tesco 99. I filled up with Ultimate a couple of weeks ago and felt no difference, and it didnt last as long as the 99 does! Tescos is cheeper aswell :approve:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Optimax every fill......Smother than ones run on unleaded.

You need to run a few tank first before you see the benifits.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Mines uses normal 95ron since new and it runs fine, slow or high speeds arn't a problem

Ford Focus ST2
optimax all the way !!!!!

and if there is no shell garage around i only fill up with £5 worth of super unleaded, then i head for the shell garage!!!

Focus ST
I use BP Ultimate - more convenient for me. Usually can't tell the difference between Optimax and Ulitmate to be honest.

LY V6 with Recaros
I use Optimax, I started using Tesco 99 for a while, and it felt fast to begin with, then it just started to feel really crap and didn't feel as smooth. Ive gone back to Optimax now, if i get desperate and I'm not near a shell i just put a fiver of bp super in, which I couldnt really tell much differnce in tbh, but then I've only used it occasionally.

Always try for the Tesco super stuff, but Optimax if not around. If it's the motorway service station then usually put just enough 95ron to get by as filling up with super means selling a kidney!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Lucas said:
I use BP Ultimate - more convenient for me. Usually can't tell the difference between Optimax and Ulitmate to be honest.

i would love your wallet, I'm not short of cash and I wouldn't pay BP Ultimate prices. Optimax for me.

Megane225FF
I've tried tesco's 99, & it didn't feel right, loss of perfomance, less mpg - only slightly, but enough to notice it.. tried it a few more times since.. then switched back to optimuck & IMO felt it picked up better & idled better..

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Ali said:
I have one tank super, one tank normal.

Surely your not going to see any of the effects of the super if you swap every fill? The super needs a good few tanks to see the effects according to EVO and other sources..

Clio 172 mk2
Saw a link on Lancer-evo.net to some research papers/articles suggesting that by the time your optimax is in your tank the RON value has dropped to somewhere near 95RON. Has something to do with MON values blah blah technical blah blah. Some experts suggest that we are all putting in pretty much the same stuff where ever you fill up. The expensive fuels eg BP's and Shell's do have chemicals that allow the fuel to burn better and cleaner. (Sorry long winded and boring and can't fiind the bloody links.). Still fil up with Optimax though. Might try Tesco next as I am nearing the red.