ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you guys think of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading this thread since the start, didnt want to pipe up with anything,

But now ive read it all i have to say the seller has zero selling skills, youve ruined your reputation, i am thinking of getting some carbon bits done soon, certainly wont be using you mate!

OP Id get a refund before you send them back, or take him to the cleaners :)

STEALTH RAIDER
and he says carbon mods skinning video is also wrong.............................. OH DEARRRRRRRRRRRR :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Been reading this thread since the start, didnt want to pipe up with anything,

But now ive read it all i have to say the seller has zero selling skills, youve ruined your reputation, i am thinking of getting some carbon bits done soon, certainly wont be using you mate!

OP Id get a refund before you send them back, or take him to the cleaners :)

I would use streamline personally. expensive but they use pre preg and from a carbon fibre laminator you are never going to get what i would call an acceptable finish from wet lay .plus wet lay carbon is heavier and weaker.

BG 182
Looch, have you received a refund yet?

I was looking forward to a meet before the court case.

I'l offer you £20 for the ones you should be refunding?

Meg 225
just another quick question, he was (M40 CUO) was having a group buy for carbon splitters, for a minute ago i couldn't find the thread?! and started looking for it and came along this thread. I guess he deleted that thread? Anyone else who read's this was in with the groupbuy for the CF Splitters from him?

just another quick question, he was (M40 CUO) was having a group buy for carbon splitters, for a minute ago i couldn't find the thread?! and started looking for it and came along this thread. I guess he deleted that thread? Anyone else who read's this was in with the groupbuy for the CF Splitters from him?

His selling rights have been revoked.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
I'd want the money back in my account before sending them back. What happens if you send them back he doesn't refund you then it goes to court and you then have no evidence of the wing mirrors

Listerine & Poledo
I'm guessing someone's solicitor finally took 5 minutes to look at what they were being given and swiftly put the record straight.

Funny though, how the seller DEMANDS that they are sent by recorded delivery upto the value of the goods.... almost as if they're expecting there to be a problem.

Of course, the sting here is that the DSR's require the vendor to cover all postage costs, so it's just more refunding.

On a final observation,. with spelling and grammar of that standard, how did the seller manage to get a degree at all, in anything?

Listerine & Poledo
I'd want the money back in my account before sending them back. What happens if you send them back he doesn't refund you then it goes to court and you then have no evidence of the wing mirrors

Plenty of photo's would suffice.

I'd also submit this thread in evidence as well, it would take a revolving-door case and turn it into a one-way express elevator to "Guilty!". I'm fairly sure that denying people their statutory rights can lead to fines too, on top of the possible HMRC implications.

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
At present I've asked publicly and privately via email for his address. I've yet to hear back from him.

Abarth 500 Esseesse
What a farce! Hope you get it sorted, looch.

What I can't grasp is how someone can use a word multiple times in the same sentence/paragraph/post and not only misspell it, but misspell it in a variety of different ways. WTF is that? Pot luck?

What a farce! Hope you get it sorted, looch.

What I can't grasp is how someone can use a word multiple times in the same sentence/paragraph/post and not only misspell it, but misspell it in a variety of different ways. WTF is that? Pot luck?

I believe his spell checker was on shuffle ;)

350z GT
As said before i would 100% refuse to send the mirrors back before he has refunded you the money and you have it in your hand...

Seems like he has no moral responsibility so could try anything to get it back again

AG 200
Do not send them without refund first . If I was suspicious I would say they may well 'go missing' or be signed for by 'someone else'. You will then be told to get the money from the delivery company upto the £200 that you insured them for. May be wrong of course .

Milltek'd clio 182
i had been talking to this fella, about buying the carbon splitter, it was only because im a bit short of money that i aint buying one, so glad that i didnt. lol looks like a lot of trouble going on here lol

LY R26, LY 182
At present I've asked publicly and privately via email for his address. I've yet to hear back from him.

He clearly sells these and (probably use to) make a decent amount doing it. I wonder if he pays tax, or declares this income...?
If I didn't get a refund, I would generally cause him hell, starting with a conversation with HMRC... I'm no expert, but... http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/taxable-income.htm#1

A small claim could be the way forward, but it will cost you before you get to a point that you get your money back. Saving grace perhaps that under distance selling rules, he will probably lose and will have to pay all the court fees, so the small outlay could get your you money back, and a whole load of satisfaction.

Well done M40 COU - you have officially put yourself out of business on Cliosport. Well done also for identifying yourself aswell, and warning potential customers to steer clear ! I was actually going to contact you about some carbon bits I wanted doing... but I will let you guess how this sentence ends.

Looch - hope you get it sorted, give him hell just for being a complete tw** about this minor issue and missing his chance to do the decent thing.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
i had been talking to this fella, about buying the carbon splitter, it was only because im a bit short of money that i aint buying one, so glad that i didnt. lol looks like a lot of trouble going on here lol

Just because he has trouble with one user, doesnt mean the rest of the pieces hes done are going to be shoddy or your service is going to be bad. Hes done alot of work before for people on here and most of them are all happy.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Good read. I'll be very surprised if the OP gets his £200 back if he sends them before receiving a refund.

LY R26, LY 182
Just because he has trouble with one user, doesnt mean the rest of the pieces hes done are going to be shoddy or your service is going to be bad. Hes done alot of work before for people on here and most of them are all happy.

His work in general may be good, but his attitude is far from it. A potential buyer does not know if the goods they order will be to their satisfaction, so you rely on the sellers customer service to put things right in the event you are not happy...

Listerine & Poledo
@JSR

Yeah, our man here would almost certainly win (although, of course, it's all down to the judge). If the claimant did win then they would be entitled to claim all costs incurred in the saga, including claim fees, travel & accomodation and possibly even legal counsel if they didn't feel confident of tackling it themselves (in which case a no-win, no-fee team would happily grab this and force the issue at trial).

However, the chance of this making trial is low, already M40 is backing down from his hard-line and badly-written stance, give it 10 minutes of mediation and he'll be begging to be let off with just the £200 and claim fee.

In his defence though, the other examples he posted looked tasty, but if I was looking to spend a couple of hundred quid on parts I'd expect the trader to be able to, at the very least, understand basic grammar. On the flip side, I might be able to use spell checkers but I wouldn't know one end of an Autoclave from another.

PB172
Read everything, hope Looch gets his full refund. Kind of gutted that M40 was even a rep back in the day. I hope he was a bit of a nicer guy then :/

Like the tune says, Don't carry on like a rude boy when daddy's got a yacht. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 2.0 16v 172 Sport
holy sh*t - what a read! Well done admin for stepping in a revoking selling rights. one word for this cowboy - begins with "c" and ends in "unt"

Milltek'd clio 182

yeah there all happy probably because they've never looked close enough at his work lol that they had bought off him

Have any of them posted in here and said they were pleased with the work?

(not having a go, I just can't remember seeing any)

e-thug1.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
This aint on at all, feel sorry for you OP! Can we not get 200 CS members to chip in a quid to get his money back? lol

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Beyond a joke really, I have all his details but I want to hear it from him where he wants em going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.