ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What exhaust is this? Will K-tec be quiter?

172 (sold), Elise,
Bought a 172 and its got this exhaust fitted - can anyone identify it for me? I think its a magnex....

IMG_3408-1.gif

IMG_3410-1.gif

I intend to remove it from the car as girlfriend hates it and its too noisy for her (I actually quite like it!)

I want something stealthy and quieter - esp on the motorway. Was thinking K-Tec.

Will a K-tec be quieter than this one?

Will there be any noticeable reduction in power if I change exhaust to something more standard?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yozzasport stealth is really quiet! Failing that the Ktec super stealth mild steel system is cheaper and also quite quiet.

172 (sold), Elise,
Yozzasport stealth is £375!! I reckon I can pick up a second hand K-tech for under £200 - hence why I'm leaning that way.

Would rather get a stainless exhaust if poss rather than the mild k-tech.

K-tech louder than magnex? Is the magnex considered a loud exhaust?

Yozzasport stealth is £375!! I reckon I can pick up a second hand K-tech for under £200 - hence why I'm leaning that way.

Would rather get a stainless exhaust if poss rather than the mild k-tech.

K-tech louder than magnex? Is the magnex considered a loud exhaust?

I'd imagine the Magnex system will be alot louder than k-tec's stealth system plus it has that awful tail pipe sticking from under the back bumper.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Unless yours mrs drives it, why change it if you like it?

Can't she just put up with it on journeys?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols whipped into shape. If she doesn't like it on journeys tell her not to come.

BMW M135i
Despite the looks the magnex I had on the 172 sounded ace! Used to be ok at 70 too I seem to remember.

172 (sold), Elise,
She does drive the car. I do a lot of motorway miles and just want a bit of peace!!

I have another toy for noise.

Anyone in the know on how comparatively noisy mine is to k-tech? Or even if magnex is renowned as being noisy?

H

Huffski

I have that exhaust and if you give it less that half throttle its quiet i vote change your firlfriend mine loves mine infact i will sell you to you she purty

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
If its a Ktec item, the cheapest thing to do would probably ring them and explain what you have and purchase a different backbox?