ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Exhaust You Got (16v)

used to drive a clio16v

my next major mod is goin to be a full s/steel exhaust plus de-cat, basically i wana know what the clio 16v owners think of your choice of stainless exhaust system (if you have one!)

so far i have narrored it down to three different makes: magnex £337, scorpion £297 and mongoose £277, im not bothered too much about the size of the tailpipe im more interested on the quality of the exhaust note and best power gains (if any) im tempted to pay the extra money for magnex just because of their good rep. but also with mongoose cuz thats a damn good price... decisions decisions.

So if you could help me by posting up what exhaust you each have, and how you would rate it (i.e. looks, quality, exhaust note and whether you would reccomend one) it would be much appreciated. Cheers

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Have a magnex which came with the car. Apparently old one rusted and previous owner though a stainless stell would be better.

Like the looks and the sound and have now just fitted teh magnex decat which looks like a cat rather than just being a straight through pipe.

You should also look at supersprint as they are supposed to have a good rep, performance wise I believe. KTEC too.

clio 20v

i got a mongoose which is good also nice tailpipe

most systems dont seem to fit very well on valvers mine took ages to sort out all the rattles an i kno with the mongoose you have to have the tailpipe sticking out dead far or it rattles on the suspension arm , it could do wth an extra bracket where it bends round cos mine drops evry so often

With the cat still on and an IK, the Mongoose warbles like a turbo flat four at low revs on open throttle. Sounds much better than my flatmates Devil system. I fitted a BB Tuning de-cat last week and that makes it sound very different.

ive got a cat back supersprint system on mine, it looks and sounds very nice, but beware, the one i bought was not designed to fit on original system (like the magnex i believe) and therfore the place that fitted it had to weld up custom brackets etc!!!! even though it was the designated system for my car!! i used to have a magnex, which was tops for quality and not too loud, i just wanted a less standard looking exhaust, if i had known how much hassle it would have been i probably would have gone for a powerflow, buts its nice now ive had it done coz ive not seen another valver with this exhaust on??

used to drive a clio16v

So many to choose from, and nobody is particularly unhappy with any system they have. So i guess whichever one i go for im not going to regret it.

Although saying that, there have been mixed opinions about our local Powerflow centre in Plymouth. It seems that half the people i know like what theyve done - especially with your own choice of tailpipe, but just as many people have sed that they have had to go back on a number of occations because theyve been unhappy with the fit, look, or sound they produce.

The K-tec exhaust has a great mirror finish to it, but im not to keen on the overall look, down to personal opinion i guess. Plus it seems to hang quite low.

Well i might well go for the cheaper option but better fitting scorpion, i dont like the idea of an exhuast not fitting properly first time. I suppose i could even combine the cheapest de-cat pipe with the magnex cat-back system to make it cheaper! i dunno guess its just one of those cases where you will never know until you actually get one fitted.

Any more pictures of different exhausts? especially the mongoose

Toureg vW Transporte

i have a powerflow backbox on at the mo(it in the for sale), and its ok but ive just bought a full k-tec system and de-cat pipe,its going on tommorow so ill let u know.daf

I got a magnex and they are fine. I think mine looks a little standard ish. Personally in the next year i will be buying a new one as i want a little more brunt so will be buying the K-Tec. It looks the nuts!!!!

Kev

K-Tec Racing

I am more than impressed with mine.

Looks - Unique, Ive got the 4.5" slash cut tailpipe and it looks amazing!

Quality - Very good, I have no complaints.

Exhaust Note - Rally Car! Ive got a straight through de-cat which makes it so loud.

Power Gains - This is what most impressed me. Only a few bhp & lb/ft extra but both peaked 300rpm lower which meant on the road was a very noticeable performance increase.

I would definately recommend it.

Tom

With the K-Tec can you still hear the induction kit? I want the K-Tec but dont want it to drown out the sound of the induction like some zorsts do!

Kev

used to drive a clio16v

I have to admit, an important feature of an exhaust is the look and type of tailpipe - so for that i would agree the K-Tec one does look different and less standard, so sticks out more than simple 3-4" round pipes. But as klmillard mentioned above im not too keen on mega loud exhausts either and like the induction roar too.

When talking purely on looks i reccon the magnex 6x4 oval pipe (available for limited models only) looks the dogs! if only they would make one for the valver.... is it possible to make one say off the 172 fit a clio 16v? im assuming the bore size may differ and the actual backbox may be too large, but surely if you took just the b/box to say powerflow and got them to makeup the rest of the exhaust + weld on some new brackets, with a bit of work they could make it fit??

hmm theres a thought...

Ive recently fitted K-Tec 4.5 Slash with a non silenced decat, very loud, cant really hear induction kit, whoever asked that. Weight, did you have hassles getting the big pipe to fit straight on recess in bumper, as mine is off a bit. It doesnt rattle anywhere, and I am loathe to move it about too much, but again dont want to have to heat and bend it slightly, did yours fit straight first time?

i had a devil it looked stupidly big so changed it for magnex, but i have had loads of problems with it blowing on the bend before the box and it bangsnrattles a lot. once the de-cat (scorpion- thanx ben) was fitted it produces pops when allowed to come down the rev range :) get stainless steel. why not get a custom from powerflow?

i have a standard exhaust with a pee shooter tail pipe and a nice bit of blowing coming from the backbox for that deep,loud wet fart sound!

beat that!!!!

silver valver/hybrid

i have a scorpion cat-back exhaust, fitted at demon tweeks, knocks like a postie on drugs! apparently though it should have had an extra mount fitted near the middle, i cant even park on the driveway cus the exhaust scrapes.

My Magnex also knocks slightly. Nothing bad but when pulling off slowly in the morning it taps on something. Wouldnt get another magnex i dont think!!

My K-Tec doesnt knock at all, it fits perfect.

The only knocking is after Ive had my foot planted for a few miles.