ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Bought myself my wire harness for the heater on the 197.

s-l1600.jpg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Left it at home, had planned on using it to drive up to Snowdon but decided with all the flooding it might not be wise.

Had a couple of PS3s fitted to the front with allignment also. Loving them so far.

The last pair of tyres were on the car since I purchased it almost SIX YEARS AGO.

It was definitely time for a new pair.

Reactions: MLB

David172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 M135i
Everyone raves about the PS4's. I've never known anything else on the BMW and I don't plan on changing! Unless they start making the PS4S for it.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Began a quick front caliper restoration, they're currently red which looks a bit ridiculous under turinis. So far one truley seized bleed nipple but nothing my new Mapp torch, plus gas and some whacking with hammer couldn't sort.
20200223_125858.jpg

Is this piston good for the bin?
20200223_181424.jpg

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Just ordered 4 new injectors to solve the flashing EML light of death. Excited for it to be running right. Love throwing parts at a car thats for sale :ROFLMAO:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Began a quick front caliper restoration, they're currently red which looks a bit ridiculous under turinis. So far one truley seized bleed nipple but nothing my new Mapp torch, plus gas and some whacking with hammer couldn't sort.
View attachment 1456093

Is this piston good for the bin?View attachment 1456092

That piston is scrap mate.

Check the bore of the caliper too as that could be scored, which will also be scrap if it is.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Didly squat, but hopefully tomorrow I will finish my caliper refurb if the weather behaves. Also got a 1.2 8v heatshield, new RS badge to fit and RStuner to play with.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Went remove the passenger side caliper carrier to find some numpty had used a bolt of the wrong length and thread pitch, literally only into the hub by about 8mm.

Anyone got a spare carrier bolt they'd post me? 🤞

Clio 172
You checked the wires up to the alternator and the positive post, they are the usual issue
Not yet, I just wanted to get home as was 300miles from home still when it died.
The recovery company are going to bring it down either Tuesday/ Wednesday so will check it then[emoji106]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Changed a headlight bulb.

Fitted Philips Racing Vision bulbs in around September, both have now blown, so won't be buying them again.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Get yourself a drivers floor foot rest panel. Brings your feet back up to the correct height your carpet would have been. Stops your heels snagging on the floor strengthening panel.

David172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 M135i
Where is it??
Oh I knew I forgot something! I'm just preparing the car for it to be fitted. It looks like I need to remove the metal frame that supports the dash but its attached to steering column so didnt fancy messing with it today. (I have to put it all back together each time and drive it home). I also need to drive it to the place where the cage is being fitted. Stessed tbh.